Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you get in your daily exercise?

Message 11 of 46

I just learned something new- by rubbing your feet together- Grounds You! So, if you have loads of stress, bombardsment of energy good or bad, you can ground yourself. You can also do it with your hands, too, rubbing them together.

I like to do a1/2 hour of Qigong in the morning, gets Qi into the whole body and You feel Energized. Later, in the day, I like to walk in my garden talking to the plants and birds. Trees give off so much energy, so stand under them and listen.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 46
  1. I go to Senior Yoga for 1 hr. And Senior classics exercise for 1 hr. On Mondays, Wednesday, and Friday!  Walk 15 minutes on Tuesday and Wednesday!!!

check your recreation centers! Love my senior classes!

Im 68 years in Lakewood, Colorado

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 46

Find a friend to walk with and get out there moving is the key to a long productive life.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 46

I turn on my DVR and find Classical Stretch by Essentrics every morning (I record it on PBS, but you can also find the DVD's at the library or buy them, see some of them on YouTube, or stream them online). Stairs instead of elevator, park a little farther out in the parking lot, get up and move every hour...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 46

I always park as far away as possible when I shop. All those steps add up. Also, when I'm in the store, I try to walk all the way around the store. In addition to the exercise, sometimes I find great deals on items because I'm going to parts of the store I don't usually shop. I walk my dog every day. If it's raining, I walk in the house. Not as much fun, but if you count the steps, it goes by pretty quick. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 46

I want to be just like you in 15 yrs.  You are an inspiration...amazing!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 46

You guys are great motivators.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 46

I walk 7 days a week.  I am up early during the week to get my walk in before I go to work, about 2 to 2.5 miles.  On Saturday and Sunday I stretch the walk out to be a little longer, closer to 3.5 miles.  Three days a week I add standing push-ups to my walk.  I do three sets each of wide grip and narrow grip.  For the standing push-up I find an railing or other solid, immovable object at about waist height.  I take a step back and do push-ups until I can't anymore.  I started doing them when I was having some shoulder pain.  Since I've been doing them I have much better range of motion in my shoulder and I feel stronger.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 46

I'm 68 yo........working full time in NYC school system.

I walk most weekday mornings.....weather permitting; and take stairs several times a day.

On weekend mornings I usually SPIN....indoor cycle class......and sometimes walk in afternoon outdoors at a park...........

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 46

I am 62 and a CPT-Special Populations, Seniors. I wals at least 3/5 miles 6 days a week. I also train with HITT,Free weights and body weight exercises. Vegan, eggs the only animal product.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.