Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you get in your daily exercise?

Message 21 of 46

Exercising a Ambler Y,water exercise,yoga,working inside and out.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 46

Five mornings a week I get up at 7am and drive 20 minutes to the local aquatic center and do 2 hours of aqua circuit, water aerobics, aqua fitness, aqua therapy, and Zumba. I enjoy it and it’s great exercise for a seventy year old.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 46

Every morning I get up early to stretch for 15 minutes then walk for 20 before getting ready to go to work.  I started out small, just walking for 10 minutes. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 46

I get to work early...........beat some traffic; find parking and walk across the Highbridge.........

20-30 minute brisk walk.........depending on just how early I am

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 46

I started doing water aerobics. Six days a week. 45 minutes a day. I feel much better since I started. I'm 72. Starting a walking and biking routine as soon as the temps in our Phoenix desert drop a little.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 46

I workout at the gym for an hour 4to5 days a week At the gym I do 15 minutes of stretching, 20 minutes of weights, 25 minutes on the elliptical. On days I can’t get to the gym I take a walk around the block 1/2 mile. Then I am up every either going shopping or just visiting friends. I am turning seventy eight next week

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 46
My friends all are active and committed to weight control too. I seem to attack healthy people. Thank goodness!💃
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 46
I'm a 64 y/o retiree who works outs 5 days a week. I power walk or something just short of a jog two miles on my treadmill. After that I lift weights for my upper body strength. During the summer months I'll ride my mountain bike for about 15 miles, 5 days a week. I've been doing this for a few years now, and feel so much better now that I have an exercise regiment. One of the many benefits of regular exercise is that I've got some "wind" in myself now. I can bend down to tie my shoes and not feel so out of breath! Plus it helps keep my B/P and weight under control. For me, it's a win win situation all way around!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 46

My husband and I get out and walk either around our neighborhood or at a local park-1 to 1.5 mi about 5 days a week. For us that's 25-40 minutes of raised heart rate.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 46

In the morning, before I sit at my desk for work I do 15 minutes of cardio in my office.

After work I walk 30 minutes. I commute. So I get off the bus 1.5 miles from my home and walk the rest of the way. On the weekends I walk 30 minutes to an hour around my city.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.