AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you get in your daily exercise?

Message 11 of 19

Every other day I exercise using the 5bx program.  Available online.

This regimen has 5 exercises, hence the 5.  The b=basic, the x=exercise. 

The 5 exercises are:

1. Stretching

2.  Situps

3.  Back bends

4.  Pushups

5.  Run in place

Additionally,  walking is advised.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

I hit the gym 6 days a week.  3 days a week I lift weights. 2 days I get in some cardio, step class and kickboxing and one day a week I do yoga.  On my "Day off" I stretch and do some back excercises.  Takes about an hour, but I feel better after.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

I make exercise part of my daily routine like eating breakfast, etc. I plan my day around exercise, not exercise around my day!

I also vary my routine, so I am not doing the same thing everyday.

Finally, I know my limits. I jog but only for 30-40 minutes, not for an hour, for example.

I'm also retired, so I have no excuse not to exercise! 

I'm 57, and I have never felt better; I attribute it to healthy eating and exercise. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

I walk 30  - 60 minutes every day. If the weather is inclement I ride a stationary bike 30-45 minutes. My watch reminds me to get up and move every 30 minutes. in addition to exercise i garden, work in my darkroom, or go out with one of my large (5x12 or 8x10) cameras to photograph the nearby lake.

I constantly remind myself to stand as much as possible. I also do all the shoping and cooking. Today is my 90th birthday.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

walking, as much and as often as possible..........including parking the car a few blocks away from work........and attempting to get up from my desk;  and  do two flights of stairs, up and down, at least once every hour

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

Find something you enjoy!  I play pickle ball 3x/week, Zumba 1-2x/week and still do 5-10 K’s through the year but I’m finding that I’m not enjoying this winter weather!  I’ll be 67 next month and need to play it safe with snow/ice! 🙂❄️  Exercise has become part of my daily routine and I don’t look for excuses - I want to keep up with my Grandkids!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19
Hi this is a great article. In addition to exercising 15 min a day i also went onto a dieting system that did wonders for me. I burned 15 pounds of fat in 21 days and feel amazing. I feel like i can breath again, actually walk long distance without losing my breath after 10 minutes. Climb steps, no more elevator!
A big wow and no i can keep up with the kids at the play ground.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

About 2 hours a day, 5 days a week at the gym. Combo of aerobic and weight lifting routines.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you get in your daily exercise?

Message 19 of 19

This article on AARP discusses the importance of at least 15 minutes of daily exercise.  https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2019/exercise-longevity-wellness-benefits.html

What do you daily to meet this goal? 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies