Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you get in your daily exercise?

Message 41 of 46

I walk 30  - 60 minutes every day. If the weather is inclement I ride a stationary bike 30-45 minutes. My watch reminds me to get up and move every 30 minutes. in addition to exercise i garden, work in my darkroom, or go out with one of my large (5x12 or 8x10) cameras to photograph the nearby lake.

I constantly remind myself to stand as much as possible. I also do all the shoping and cooking. Today is my 90th birthday.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 46

walking, as much and as often as possible..........including parking the car a few blocks away from work........and attempting to get up from my desk;  and  do two flights of stairs, up and down, at least once every hour

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 46

Find something you enjoy!  I play pickle ball 3x/week, Zumba 1-2x/week and still do 5-10 K’s through the year but I’m finding that I’m not enjoying this winter weather!  I’ll be 67 next month and need to play it safe with snow/ice! 🙂❄️  Exercise has become part of my daily routine and I don’t look for excuses - I want to keep up with my Grandkids!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 46
Hi this is a great article. In addition to exercising 15 min a day i also went onto a dieting system that did wonders for me. I burned 15 pounds of fat in 21 days and feel amazing. I feel like i can breath again, actually walk long distance without losing my breath after 10 minutes. Climb steps, no more elevator!
A big wow and no i can keep up with the kids at the play ground.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 46

About 2 hours a day, 5 days a week at the gym. Combo of aerobic and weight lifting routines.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you get in your daily exercise?

Message 46 of 46

This article on AARP discusses the importance of at least 15 minutes of daily exercise.  https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2019/exercise-longevity-wellness-benefits.html

What do you daily to meet this goal? 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors