Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 111 of 120

First, I don't get stressed too much, but when I do it's because of something that I don't have any control over.  At that point I talk to myself as to why I don't have any control.  By the time I'm finished with my own theory, I'm o-k.  But if I can't talk myself out of it I listen to happy music.  I don't believe in getting stress about my own actions because as an adult I should know that all actions have consequences be it positive or negative. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 120

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 120

When I can, I listen to music. I smoke too much when stressed.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 120

First, breathe - just b-r-e-a-t-h-e - feeling my breath slide in and out reclaiming my focus, slowing down, regrouping.  Then I look at myself in the mirror, reorganize my thoughts and move forward.  Now I'm ready to tackle what lies ahead of me.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 120

As a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist, I use therapeutic essential oils as a lifestyle so I don't have a lot of unresolved stress.  When I know I'm going to be in a stressful environment, I'm proactive and prepare myself with specific single essential oils or blends and the bad stress turns into good stress and it moves me into being jovial and focused on the task/issue at hand rather than any negativity. For more info about the scientific evidence, check out one of my fav references on the Science Daily website. Stop and Smell the Flowers - The Scent Can Really Soothe Stress 

Caution, know your resource, not all brands are really therapeutic.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 120

I will take a walk if possible. If I am not able to walk I will do some deep cleaning at home. By the time you are finished your stress level is down and you feel good seeing that you have done something to improve your surroundings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 120

When it comes to dealing with stress, I listen to Moon River and Pachelbel.  My body just completely unwinds.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 120

Have worked out 1-2 hours a day since age 30. So, I relieved a lot of stress.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 120

I've done a lot of walking too!

Now, I try to avoid stress, if I can. I'm invited to a meeting next week, where I know I disagree with the other committee members on almost everything .. so I've decided not to go; it's just not worth the aggrevation! I've been thinking more about that expression, "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?" I'd rather be happy, and they can find out the hard way how their decisions will work out .. without me.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you deal with stress?

Message 120 of 120

I am a person who likes to move.  When I am stressed out I always try to take a 30 minute walk.  Sometimes when really stressed I have gone for 2 hour walks and they always seem to help.  What do you do?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit