Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Re: How do you deal with stress?

Message 1 of 120

I take a walk along a nature trail near my home. I clear my head as i stroll along watching the birds, the occasional coyote, the lizards before long I've walked 5 miles. Stress free and ready to face the day.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 120

i take a moment to meditate, and i keep it simple....i go to a quiet area, i close my eyes, i very slowly inhale through my nose then I very slowly exhale through my mouth.....after about 10 minutes i feel fantastic, relaxed and rejuvenated.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 120

Pray. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 120
Everyone's a victim who's surprised by negativity or sin. I'm one who's trying to get over it.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 120

I thought that I had replied to this post earlier, and just finished reading what all of us try to do to relieve stress.  I did run across the post I had written which was 12/31/19, New Year's Eve.  I had never heard of the coronavirus then, and now that we've all had to experience a world that is pretty much shut down, I don't find myself doing things any differently.  I have been going shopping for groceries at 7 am just do I can buy what I need.  I have always worked, and now that I'm on unemployment I know what it's like to be really retired!  Not too bad!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 120

Good Morning moscicj

Jesus told us to Pray

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Drawing all my strength from God through prayer,praise,thanksgiving,His word,fellowshiping with other born again believers,and by His Holy Spirit in Jesus name in dealing with everyday living and to staying out of stress while believing God to do the impossibles in my life through Christ Jesus and in the lives of others. It is God who will give us the Victory through Jesus as we lean on Him and trust in HIM and obey His leading,as well as obey the natural laws of government.

I help myself by leaning(trusting) totally on the Lord,(prayer,thanksgiving,praises,listening,being quiet,studying and meditating on His Word,and obeying His leading out of love and faith in Jesus name. I trust HIM to perfect those things which concerns me spiritually,natually,financially,socially,and mentally according to HIS Word which is quick,powerful,and sharp like a two edge sword....(grounded in HIM,His love,His peace,HIs mercy,HIs grace,His lovingkindness,His counsel,His Word,with the divine help of His Holy Spirit in Jesus name)

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Let's keep our mind on the Lord so He can keep us in His perfect peace throughout this time and pray that God keep us from being fearful in Jesus name,amen.
Margreta Maple
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 7 of 120

I exercise, work in my garden, play my piano and recorder, pet my dogs and goats, keep in touch with family and friends via email or phone, and most of all I STAY RATIONAL.  We're not being attacked by aliens from outer space (although that might be interesting), we're dealing with something that eventually will pass as have other new health problems in the past.  Follow government instructions, keep your brain and body active, and this, too, shall pass!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 8 of 120

The many messages of faith in dealing with stress are comforting.  As one who also trusts in Him, I believe that God does not expect us to only sit back while He does all the work.  St. Patrick's prayer, while beautiful, does not seem to leave much room for us to contribute to our own well being.  God gave each of us special talents and strengths so that we could DO things to help ourselves and others.  Before praying for God to intervene, perhaps we should pray for guidance and strength to use our gifts and rise to the needs of each other.  

Stress is not necessarily a bad thing as it may also be a message from God to inspire and strengthen us to take action.  When I feel stressed out or helpless, I get angry at myself, and thank God for reminding me that He has already greatly blessed me with the ability to take action.  When the stress is greatest, and I am trying my best, is when I know He will carry me IF I need it.  Yes, I believe that if He leads me to it, He will see me through it.  

In sum, DO for yourself, and others in need, with the knowledge and faith that He walks beside you.  By the way, if you haven't already done so, read "Footprints in the Sand," which has been a wonderful inspiration for me.  

God bless all in this trying and stressful time.  

R

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 9 of 120

I trust in JESUS.  Here is St. Patrick's prayer of protection and what I ask Jesus for...

I rise today with the power of God to pilot me, God's strength to sustain me, God's wisdom to guide me, God's eye to look ahead for me, God's ear to hear me, God's word to speak for me, God's hand to protect me, God's way before me, God's shield to defend me, God's host to deliver me, from snares of devils, from evil temptations, from nature's  failings, from all who wish to harm me, far or near, alone and in a crowd.

MB

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 10 of 120

Terribly

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask? Check out the Health Tips forum today