Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you deal with stress?

Message 61 of 108

Whenever i am into stress i keep my self away from everyone and try to stay alone for few hours or max whole day. I think upon the situation and its solutions. later on i call up my best buddy for support and Expert advice.

At the end friends company makes me stress-free.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 108

@PaulG415843  Music is such a great way to alleviate stress, I often take a long walk while listening to music - it is a great reliever!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 108

My personal expereince i am sharing with you. When i was in stress i listen music, eating healthy foods. You can also meet those friends with whom you can share your problems due to this you will get some relief.  I hope this works with you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

How do you deal with stress?

Message 64 of 108

I'm not handling stress well.
I keep sinking into negative thought patterns (" but what if" and "it's never going to work" )

After some depression and anxiety, with a lot of help from friends, spouse and prayer, i'm finding the following helps me :

Love and hugs

Prayer
Positive thoughts to cancel out the negatives

Giving up and surrendering to the Creator and letting him take control.

Expect good things, dare to dream

Music
Exercise - mild at first

Eating healthy + Niacin ( Vitamin B3) and Vitamin C

Hope this helps someone.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 108

🐾  Our pair of darling Sheltiesisters are my *stress busters*
⊱⊱⊱ Enjoying year ′round walks in the fresh air and sunshine ... playing fetch in the backyard ... cross∙country skiing on the woodland deer trails ... swimming in the beautiful lake ... cuddling and snuggling ... the list goes on

-Sheltie Sisters.png

♥ Shelties are not my whole life ∽ but they make my life whole ♥
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 108
Stress kills. My wife taught me worry about the things we have no control over. I love music, designing clothes and just getting out and mingle. I find that works
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 108
@oc5801 wrote:

I was diagnosed with PTSD, Attention Defecate Hyperactivity, and Bi-polar (rapid cycle type) and severe anxious issues since 1992. In 2014 I started taking Bliss as a trial to see if it would help me deal with life in general. I would sometimes not take it because of one reason or the other. One day I had a very serious issue with being too anxious. In a matter of 20 to 30 minutes the Bliss calmed me down.

This is the 3rd time you've posted links to shopping websites for drugs, and they're beginning to seem like advertisements. In a couple places you recommended painkillers friends had used, and now you're recommending something for what sounds like a very complex combination of conditions. Seems like the sort of thing where people need to see a doctor for their own diagnosis & prescriptions!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 108

Coconut flavored vodka...but seriously...unfortunately I am serious, especially after reading postings about caregivers dealing with Parkinson's. He's not my parent...my Dad can run circles around us at 93. No he's my husband, five years older than me but I can see him getting more frail.

And today they told me in a roundabout way they're cutting my hours. Reminds me of Steve Carolla-"Not Taco Bell Material"...dead end big box hardware...time to find a new direction. If I have to be the sole breadwinner eventually...Handling stress, oh dear Gawd.

I agree cleaning can be good if you don't get manic about it. My best stress buster is walking my pups. With my girl it's hiking...she can do seven miles and is just warming up...If I'm sweaty and tired yeah I can debate everything as I walk and when we get back to the car I'm much more focused.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 108

At work, I listen to music to keep me calm and sometimes I visit the city dock.  I love being near water.  It's very calming.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 108
I take it out on the trampoline.
Kudos