Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you deal with stress?

Message 11 of 54

🐾  Our pair of darling Sheltiesisters are my *stress busters*
⊱⊱⊱ Enjoying year ′round walks in the fresh air and sunshine ... playing fetch in the backyard ... cross∙country skiing on the woodland deer trails ... swimming in the beautiful lake ... cuddling and snuggling ... the list goes on

-Sheltie Sisters.png

♥ Shelties are not my whole life ∽ but they make my life whole ♥
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 54
Stress kills. My wife taught me worry about the things we have no control over. I love music, designing clothes and just getting out and mingle. I find that works
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 54
@oc5801 wrote:

I was diagnosed with PTSD, Attention Defecate Hyperactivity, and Bi-polar (rapid cycle type) and severe anxious issues since 1992. In 2014 I started taking Bliss as a trial to see if it would help me deal with life in general. I would sometimes not take it because of one reason or the other. One day I had a very serious issue with being too anxious. In a matter of 20 to 30 minutes the Bliss calmed me down.

This is the 3rd time you've posted links to shopping websites for drugs, and they're beginning to seem like advertisements. In a couple places you recommended painkillers friends had used, and now you're recommending something for what sounds like a very complex combination of conditions. Seems like the sort of thing where people need to see a doctor for their own diagnosis & prescriptions!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 54

Coconut flavored vodka...but seriously...unfortunately I am serious, especially after reading postings about caregivers dealing with Parkinson's. He's not my parent...my Dad can run circles around us at 93. No he's my husband, five years older than me but I can see him getting more frail.

And today they told me in a roundabout way they're cutting my hours. Reminds me of Steve Carolla-"Not Taco Bell Material"...dead end big box hardware...time to find a new direction. If I have to be the sole breadwinner eventually...Handling stress, oh dear Gawd.

I agree cleaning can be good if you don't get manic about it. My best stress buster is walking my pups. With my girl it's hiking...she can do seven miles and is just warming up...If I'm sweaty and tired yeah I can debate everything as I walk and when we get back to the car I'm much more focused.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 54

At work, I listen to music to keep me calm and sometimes I visit the city dock.  I love being near water.  It's very calming.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 54
I take it out on the trampoline.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 54
"....I start cleaning---- deep cleaning. Cabinets, closets, etc. it clears my mind and helps afterward to feel better about my surroundings.....".

When you feel like this, please give me a call.  I have lots of closets to help you feel better!  Smiley Happy

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 54
Yoga. Eight times per week.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 54
I sit down at my sewing machine and either quilt or make crafts. If I wasn't disabled, I'd go ride my bike for miles and miles.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 54

What works best for me is to take time to observe the simple, beautiful things in creation such as the sky, sun, plants, trees, ocean, etc. I also think of all the space that surrounds us that is filled with universes, galaxies, dark matter, etc., and how huge it all is and how I'm a very small part of it. Yet, I exist for a particular reason like so many others who have passed through life and been confronted with even worse situations. It's humbling. It reduces my personal stress.

Kudos
Views