Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you deal with stress?

Message 91 of 116
@wg5651 wrote:

How do read the replies that someone sends to someone else?  Or, know that they have someone's comment about what they said?  I'm not that sharp on this computer stuff.

There are 3 basic ways to communicate in Online Community:

- Private message - Goes to the other person's Inbox & no one else sees it.

- Reply in general to a Discussion - Use Blue REPLY button on the upper left of a discussion.

- Reply to a specific post in a Discussion - Use the Red REPLY button in the lower right of that post. If you just type in your own reply in the entry pane, there will be no visible connection to the post to which you're responding. BUT if you use the "Quote" function first - at the right above the entry pane - it copies the post to which you're responding. Once the quote is in the entry pane, you can edit out anything you don't want, leaving just enough to connect your response to the original post. Then type your own response underneath that.

Everything NOT in a private message, can be seen by everyone else reading the discussion.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 116

How do read the replies that someone sends to someone else?  Or, know that they have someone's comment about what they said?  I'm not that sharp on this computer stuff.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 116

TODAY;  There are two days in every week about which we should not worry; which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One is yesterday with its mistkes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.  Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.  All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.  We cannot undo a single act or erase a single word we said.  Yesterday is gone.  It is history.

The other day is tomorrow with its possible adversaries, its blunders its large promises and poor performances.  Tomorrow is beyone our immediate control. Tomorrow is unborn.

This leaves today.  You can fight the battles of today.  God won't give you more than HE knows that you can handle.  The yesterdays and tomorrows break down most people.  It's the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of tommorow drives men (and women) mad.  

Author Unknown

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 116

It basically says in the Bible 365 times, Do not worry.  I take that meaning as to do that everyday.  So I don't worry.  I don't let others control how I react to their moods or their poor attitudes towards me or towards others.  You can't change yesterday, its history.  Tomorrow isn't here yet so why worry about it.  Most things some people worry about they can't do anything about anyway.  I have a page written about that, called  TODAY.  It's too long to put here.  I add it to my books and writings that I do and my trivia columns.

Have a nice day and enjoy it.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 116

How  do  you  deal  with  stress?

Jack Daniels  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 116
@cs52209111 wrote:
I do meditations to help with stress. But first, get a guide that you trust completely. My guide gives me counselling and advising. He is my healer & protector. I do meditations about 3-5x daily

Can you explain a little more please? Your choice of words sounds a little cult-ish. When we meditate, we're deliberately open to suggestion; I'm not sure I'd want a facilitator to be "advising" me, nor would I consider them a "healer" or "protector".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 116
I do meditations to help with stress. But first, get a guide that you trust completely. My guide gives me counselling and advising. He is my healer & protector. I do meditations about 3-5x daily
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 116

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Anyone who thinks that retirement will eliminate stress, will probably be disappointed.

Retirement may not eliminate stress (what can other than death), but it can greatly reduce it which of course wll depend on the person.

In my case, it greatly reduced it.

I can see people in retirement without interests and hobbies having stress issues.

Alex
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 116

Anyone who thinks that retirement will eliminate stress, will probably be disappointed. Anyone who thinks that having a comfortable nest egg will eliminate stress, will also probably be disappointed. As long as we're alive, we'll probably have to deal with the inefficiencies of "the system", and other people .. which can be frustrating. The goal has to be trying to make the best of it anyway, and not letting things like that "get to us" .. sometimes easier said than done!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 116

Stress?

I took early retirement at 56. I no longer get stressed out due to the bleep at work and the drive to and from work.

I chose a huge cut in pay partly due to an early retirement penalty. It was worth it. Money is no good to you when you are in a pine box and now I am enjoying travelling and my hobbies.

Alex
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.