Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you deal with stress?

Message 111 of 116

As a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist, I use therapeutic essential oils as a lifestyle so I don't have a lot of unresolved stress.  When I know I'm going to be in a stressful environment, I'm proactive and prepare myself with specific single essential oils or blends and the bad stress turns into good stress and it moves me into being jovial and focused on the task/issue at hand rather than any negativity. For more info about the scientific evidence, check out one of my fav references on the Science Daily website. Stop and Smell the Flowers - The Scent Can Really Soothe Stress 

Caution, know your resource, not all brands are really therapeutic.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 116

I will take a walk if possible. If I am not able to walk I will do some deep cleaning at home. By the time you are finished your stress level is down and you feel good seeing that you have done something to improve your surroundings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 116

When it comes to dealing with stress, I listen to Moon River and Pachelbel.  My body just completely unwinds.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 116

Have worked out 1-2 hours a day since age 30. So, I relieved a lot of stress.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 116

I've done a lot of walking too!

Now, I try to avoid stress, if I can. I'm invited to a meeting next week, where I know I disagree with the other committee members on almost everything .. so I've decided not to go; it's just not worth the aggrevation! I've been thinking more about that expression, "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?" I'd rather be happy, and they can find out the hard way how their decisions will work out .. without me.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you deal with stress?

Message 116 of 116

I am a person who likes to move.  When I am stressed out I always try to take a 30 minute walk.  Sometimes when really stressed I have gone for 2 hour walks and they always seem to help.  What do you do?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors