Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you deal with pain without using medication?

Message 21 of 27

I use a soft cold pack every morning for about an hour.  I'm fortunate to have an Infrared Sauna that I get in for an hour before I get in bed.  I'm 90 years old, diagnosed about 6 years ago with spinal stenosis.  After 2 cortisone shots that helped immensely, I was put on Celebrex as needed, but  after a later diagnosis of possible kidney disease I knew I needed to get off all NSAID's.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 27

I do self hypnosis daily while riding an inside cycle for 25 minutes, no pains ever and walk 12,000 steps daily! Positive addiction, no meds

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

I use  Essential Oils and Tumeric.  Try to do 10,000 steps a day.  It helps 80%. I recently started and expect greater things as I continue in my journey.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

I haven"t used pain meds in such a long time! I will be 59 years old in May and have been taking plant based supplements now for almost 5 years! 

It targets our second brain which is our gut! Also inflammation and blood sugar!

I feel like I am in my 20's!! So thankful!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

Anti-Inflammatory foods, such as pineapples, cherries, blueberries, etc.  5 ozs. in the morning & evening, along with exercises such as walking, stretching, etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

I use a TENS unit that I purchased online for significant relief chronic back pain. Hot pad at night and ice after recreation 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you deal with pain without using medication?

Message 27 of 27

Do you have other ways of dealing with pain?  Read AARP's article and share your comments here:  https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2018/pain-management-without-prescriptions.ht...

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark