From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How To Overcome Anger: 5 Powerful Secrets From Mindfulness

Message 1 of 6

@Loulit  I'm glad it helped.

There's lots going on these days to get us angry, that's for sure. Hat's off to you for knowing the importance of maintaining equilibrium!

Best wishes. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@Epster wrote:

@Loulit  Best wishes on dealing with that anger. Hope the tips in the article help. Smiley Happy

Thank you.  My heart rate and sugar are good now. The tips I found here are very good.  They work even better if you have a friend to unload on before you begin. That's what friends are for.Smiley Wink

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@Loulit  Best wishes on dealing with that anger. Hope the tips in the article help. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Oh, boy.

I'm delighted to see this thread becomes I'm... well I'm going to go with angry. My heart is pounding and my blood glucose was at 54 a few minutes ago.

My friends at Wallgreen's, where I've had my prescriptions filled for lo these many years, gave me the wrong test strips for my meter. So I took them back and they refused to exchange them. At this point I feel lightheaded and ill. So I tell them, look my blood sugar is off but I don't know if it's too low or too high, or another problem altogether because you gave me the wrong strips. I didn't know what was wrong with me so I wasn't going to leave without my strips. They kept telling me it was my mistake and I know darned well it was their mistake.

So we went back and forth and back and forth and they called the cops on me. Believe that? So I explain. The cop shoots the pharmacist a dirty look. And we go back and forth a little more. Then the pharmacist says she can give me store credit and I'd have to pay a $5 difference. Do you believe this? Could they not have told me to come up with 5 bucks BEFORE they called the police? So the cops run my ID and realize I've never had any problems with anyone.

The police said they were called and told I was upset. I told them I can't help being upset because my blood sugar is off. The cops were nice, really. They spoke to me kindly. I replied respectfully. Then I paid the 5 bucks I would have been happy to pay had the asked me to in the first place.

This kind of pointless stress isn't good for anyone. Geez.

What is wrong with people today? Geez. Darned pharmacist had me thinking I'd be arrested.

Winter is Coming.
11/06
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Additional tip: there's a slew of video lessons on YouTube for overcoming anger and resentment. The offerings, of course, include lessons based on biblical perspectives, eastern perspectives and wholly secular perspectives. So find one that fits your world view, and learn to shed that anger. Smiley Happy

And be well.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

How To Overcome Anger: 5 Powerful Secrets From Mindfulness

Message 6 of 6

because angry.pngAre you angry with the way things are going in our country? Does this anger spill out into your everyday relationships? Do you often see insults in the words others (strangers) post online? Have you become so testy that you explode or react to every slight, no matter how, uh, slight? 

This behavior may be a sign of the times, but make no mistake, unchecked anger mostly hurts the angry. Chronic anger leads to all manner of ills. (The Damage Chronic Anger Does to Your Bodyhttps://blogs.psychcentral.com/nlp/2013/01/chronic-anger-damage/ and Seven Ways Anger is Ruining Your Health: https://www.everydayhealth.com/news/ways-anger-ruining-your-health/)

holding on to anger.jpg

Here are tips I've found for overcoming anger. And the good news? You don't have to become a political ninny or disassociate yourself from the news of the day in order to process life in a healthy manner.

From here: https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2018/01/how-to-overcome-anger/

dwelling on angering things.jpgThere’s a voice shouting. Takes a second before you realize it’s yours. You feel energized. Righteous. Driving every point home. It’s like the climax of a courtroom drama and you’re the hero…

Too bad you’re saying a lot of stuff you’re definitely going to regret in twenty minutes. But, hey, at least you’re getting it off your chest, right? Venting the anger. Um, no, actually…

“Venting” just makes anger worse.

From Handbook of Emotion Regulation:

…focusing on a negative emotion will likely intensify the experience of that emotion further and thus make down-regulation more difficult, leading to lower adjustment and well-being.

And as if the short term damage wasn’t enough, the jokes about anger and heart attacks aren’t very far off the mark. At all.

From The DBT Skills Workbook for Anger:

…research on anger has shown that chronic anger and hostility can increase one’s vulnerability to cardiovascular problems (Suls and Bunde 2005), cause problems in relationships, pose barriers to functioning at work, and get in the way of important goals (Kassinove 1995).

So what really reduces anger? Mindfulness. Trendy, I know. Before you go shopping for meditation cushions, perhaps it would be good to have an actual definition of the word.

From The DBT Skills Workbook for Anger:

Mindfulness involves paying attention to, contemplating, and noticing something while letting go of judgments and assumptions. To mindfully attend to something, you must take a step back in your mind and look at it objectively without evaluating it as good or bad or right or wrong. Don’t try to change it. Instead, be open to the experience, regardless of whether you like or dislike it.

This article goes on to detail successful methods to process anger in a healthy manner. Read on to learn how to overcome the anger that's harming your health:   https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2018/01/how-to-overcome-anger/

anger will disapear.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season