Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How Many Steps per Day are Enough

Message 1 of 39

@NinaA455301 wrote:

I'm not interested in counting steps.  I'm up and moving about most of the day.  Besides, this counting steps thing was just invented by a company wanting to sell people devices to count their steps!

Well that’s great for you.  Congrats but whatever motivates people to get moving is a valuable tool and step counting devices have sold in the hundreds of thousands. So for those that use them and it is working good for you!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 39

I'm not interested in counting steps.  I'm up and moving about most of the day.  Besides, this counting steps thing was just invented by a company wanting to sell people devices to count their steps!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 39

Usually, I have about 11000-13000 steps per day. It's a normal volume for me. I have a hobby, it is metal detecting. It motivate me to do more. When I metal detecting, I can make about 18000-20000 steps or more. It's a really good for me and my health.

community.aarp.org detecthistory

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 39
i do 8000 steps a day
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 39
Hi guys

Losing weight can be hard without any help. This is where we come in.

We offer a FREE exclusive emiling newsletter to everyone on this forum for a limited time.

We provide great health insights, FREE giveaways and advice.

Subscribe at; https://learnhowtoloseweighttoday.gr8.com/

See you soon

Healthy Golden Gems Team
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 39

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 39

@HammH wrote:

@Epster  You are fearless. I swear you have superhero genes.

@HammH  LOL!  You mean because I posted a pic of myself AFTER having consumed 3 glasses of eggnog and 1 whole pie in the previous 2 weeks? And that I'd not been lifting weights in like 8 weeks?

Meh: what's a little pride measured against a great opportunity to make a point about fitness?

(Yeah, I see that belly now I'm back to crunches and weights and cringe. But, whateves .... Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 39

@wilful wrote:

Hey Epster - Is that gausy looking thing on your hat a mosquito net?  Wouldn't think you get many of them in Co.

Also - Big congrats on the  "good health" program and results.  Never forget - you have been, are, always will be - A work in progress. 

@wilful LOL!  I'm wearing one of those wrap-around visors. So my hair is pulled through the top. That gauze, then, is really just my bangs getting caught in the wind. Smiley Happy

But yeah, we get mosquitos here in the summer. We do carry nets for slipping over the head while hiking. Some summers are  b a d. Smiley Sad

And thanks. It's been a fun and weird journey, all this changing. I'm about 3 pounds away from an entirely new wardrobe: even my smallest sized attire is beginning to hang on me.  The best part: I feel like a 20-something. I sleep great, have a ton of energy, and no body parts complain when I move. And of course my vitals continue to be excellent. So yay! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 39

Hey Epster - Is that gausy looking thing on your hat a mosquito net?  Wouldn't think you get many of them in Co.

Also - Big congrats on the  "good health" program and results.  Never forget - you have been, are, always will be - A work in progress. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 39

How Many Calories Does Walking Burn per Mile?
See how many calories you can burn walking different distances and speeds

WIN-Initiative/Getty Images
By Wendy Bumgardner
Updated August 31, 2017
Do you want to know how many calories you burn walking one mile, two miles, or more? How much does your walking speed matter?

Your weight and the distance you walk are the biggest factors in how many calories you burn while walking. A rule of thumb is that about 100 calories per mile are burned for an 180-pound person and 65 calories per mile are burned for a 120-pound person. Your walking speed matters less.

Calories Burned Walking 2.5 to 3.5 mph by Miles and Weight
Pace: 17 to 24 Minutes per Mile (10 to14 Minutes per Kilometer)
Weight (lbs)

Chart at link.  https://www.verywell.com/walking-calories-burned-by-miles-3887154?utm_campaign=fitsl&utm_medium=emai...

If you use a Fitbit or other tracker you may see this information as you go.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season