WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Home made solutions for preventing colds/flu

Message 1 of 21
IT'S AN OLD-FASHIONED TRIED & TRUE RECIPE- BUT NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR TEETOTALERS!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

There are some good ideas here for colds, etc. Thanks, all !

Seems everyone mentions honey with some additions. I do drink a honey/cider vinegar/cinnamon mix often. And broth-based soups. All good illness preventors. Now all I need is a pneumonia shot.

Stay well, everyone !  Woman Happy

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

Hey, that's a Good One !

I'm almost hoping to get a cold so I can try it !  Woman LOL

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21
My grandmother also believed in a little honey, lemon and brandy for cold or flu
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21
THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR ALL, BUT MY MOTHER SWORE BY IT- HER DADDY WAS A COUNTRY DOCTOR WHO CARRIED A BOTTLE OF WHISKEY AROUND IN HIS BUGGY IN EAST TEXAS- HOT TODDY- LEMON JUICE, HONEY,& WATER; DARK LIQUOR- BRANDY, SCOTCH, WHISKEY. MAKE THE FIRST ONE WEAK, IF YOU AREN'T USED TO THE HOOTCH, THEN 2ND ONE STRONGER- SIP IN BED & BY THE TIME YOU'RE DONE YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE SICK OR NOT!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

Homemade chicken noodle soup with onions and garlic

600mg Motrin

orange juice

tea with honey and lemon

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

I take daily whole food supplements that are fruit veggie grapes and berries as well as eating lots of fruits and veggies everyday. I rarely get sick and when I do which is maybe once a year it is very short lived. 

I also make a syrup of cut up lemons, cut up ginger root, and honey. You can take a few times a day and it will boost your immune system and heal you quickly.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Cheap (Home-made) solutions for preventing colds/flu

Message 8 of 21

The root of all anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-histamine is Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).
It's cheap and extremely effective.

Dr. Andrew Saul has an excellent presentation on this.

Do your research and look for the Chemist, LINUS PAULING (Noble Prize winner) and his discoveries about Vitamin C. Dr. Robert Cathcart cured thousands of people with allkinds of maladies, in a small CA town basically only with Vitamin C.

I get the simple inexpensive tablets that are 1,000mg each...I take 2-4 tablets per day.
I never get colds or flu. Ever.

Try it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

Check w doctor first but whole herb echinacea and Vitamin C twice a day for 7 days immediately when you feel your first symptom. Also get more sleep and drink more fluids.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

I make and drink Kombucha for the past 8 or 9 years and haven't had a cold since starting to it.  I used to have at least 2 colds per year.  I highly recommend it.

Kudos
Views