AARP Live takes your questions tonight about veterans benefits and scams. Join us at 10 p.m. ET on the RFD network.
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Home made solutions for preventing colds/flu

Message 1 of 16

Homemade chicken noodle soup with onions and garlic

600mg Motrin

orange juice

tea with honey and lemon

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

I take daily whole food supplements that are fruit veggie grapes and berries as well as eating lots of fruits and veggies everyday. I rarely get sick and when I do which is maybe once a year it is very short lived. Check it out at www.sgeers.juiceplus.com. 

I also make a syrup of cut up lemons, cut up ginger root, and honey. You can take a few times a day and it will boost your immune system and heal you quickly.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Cheap (Home-made) solutions for preventing colds/flu

Message 3 of 16

The root of all anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-histamine is Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).
It's cheap and extremely effective.

Dr. Andrew Saul has an excellent presentation on this.

Do your research and look for the Chemist, LINUS PAULING (Noble Prize winner) and his discoveries about Vitamin C. Dr. Robert Cathcart cured thousands of people with allkinds of maladies, in a small CA town basically only with Vitamin C.

I get the simple inexpensive tablets that are 1,000mg each...I take 2-4 tablets per day.
I never get colds or flu. Ever.

Try it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

Check w doctor first but whole herb echinacea and Vitamin C twice a day for 7 days immediately when you feel your first symptom. Also get more sleep and drink more fluids.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

I make and drink Kombucha for the past 8 or 9 years and haven't had a cold since starting to it.  I used to have at least 2 colds per year.  I highly recommend it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

I have gargled with Apple Cider Vinegar for years with any sign of sore throat or cold,  I also clean and wipe down surfaces when kids and I come down with anything we think may be contagious.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

Elderberry also comes in gummies Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

I didn't realize until I read this comment that I haven't had a cold/flu for about three years since I started taking 5,000iu's of vitamin D3 daily. My vitamin D blood results came back low and are normal now.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

Isn't 2000 a bit high?  My doctor has me on 1000, but I don't feel as good as you. I have trouble in the winter, as well, having SAD. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

It's not vitamin C that you need. It's vitamin D3 the sunshine pill. Ever since I started taking 2000 IU a day, I don't get colds. I've been doing this for many years. If I start to feel run down or I might be getting sick, I take double the dosage and the next day I'm fine again. Most people are deficienct in D3, especially when the days get shorter and less sunlight.

Kudos
Views