You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Health - Diabetes

Message 1 of 6
Many people have beaten DIABETES, even in their 60s
Diet , exercise and SUPPLEMENTS. The big one is Vitamin C.

Google Dr. Andrew Saul. He's fabulous, honest and knowledgeable.
http://www.doctoryourself.com/diabetes.html

You can beat this.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Hi,

A healthy diet is an imperative part of dealing with diabetes. A steady diabetes checklist can give you awe-inspiring results over a period of time. If you would also want to know more about how you could succeed in overpowering your diabetes read - https://www.everydayhealth.com/type-2-diabetes/guide/.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6
@melskie62 wrote:

Hello, fellow Community bloggers - I could use your opinion. I am 67yrs old and I have never been sick or hospitalized. Now, to my dismay, I think that I have diabetes. Have I gone to the doctor - NO! Will I go, yes, after 30 days. What happens in a 30 day time period - well, I am looking up diabetes menus and will change my eating habits. I have a treadmill, so I will use it everyday. Why do I think I have diabetes:  tingling feelings, my feet hurt, and I just generally feel uncomfortable.  What do you think?

I agree with the other posters, that if you generally feel "uncomfortable" now .. now is when you should make the appointment to see the doctor, and get a baseline & opinion!  Just this morning a friend wrote about his spouse having "tingling feelings", and the diagnosis wasn't diabetes, so don't just guess at this!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@melskie62 wrote:

Hello, fellow Community bloggers - I could use your opinion. I am 67yrs old and I have never been sick or hospitalized. Now, to my dismay, I think that I have diabetes. Have I gone to the doctor - NO! Will I go, yes, after 30 days. What happens in a 30 day time period - well, I am looking up diabetes menus and will change my eating habits. I have a treadmill, so I will use it everyday. Why do I think I have diabetes:  tingling feelings, my feet hurt, and I just generally feel uncomfortable.  What do you think?

It depends.  Your symptoms are sometimes associated with diabetes but they could be due to other medical problems.  Do you also have increased thirst, frequent urination, unusual weight gain or loss?  Fatigue and blurry vision are also symptoms of diabetes.

I also wonder why you are waiting 30 days to find out.  If you have a primary care physician, it's important to start treatment as soon as possible.  If you do not, some of the major drug stores offer glucose screenings and can refer you to a doctor.  Waiting to get your weight or blood sugar down will not change the diagnosis and from where I stand you have nothing to gain by waiting.

Good luck and welcome to the AARP community discussion forums.

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6
melskie62
Info Seeker

Health - Diabetes
‎10-15-2014 07:22 PM

Hello, fellow Community bloggers - I could use your opinion. I am 67yrs old and I have never been sick or hospitalized. Now, to my dismay, I think that I have diabetes. Have I gone to the doctor - NO! Will I go, yes, after 30 days. What happens in a 30 day time period - well, I am looking up diabetes menus and will change my eating habits. I have a treadmill, so I will use it everyday. Why do I think I have diabetes: tingling feelings, my feet hurt, and I just generally feel uncomfortable. What do you think?
Hi. And welcome!

Just a question. Why wait 30 days. Why not go in for a check up?
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Health - Diabetes

Message 6 of 6

Kudos
Views
Replies