Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you tried the keto diet?

Message 11 of 15

My family was on the Keto diet for three years, and came off gradually. We still return to it when not feeling well or when fighting off illness. I especially make lots of soups and stews in the winter that use bone broth or meat stock. We lost weight even though we weren't trying, and had to add more healthy fats to our diet to stabilize. And because we followed the GAPS version we continue to eat fermented foods and very high quality meats and dairy from pastured animals. My husband's heart disease seems to be much improved, my grandson is more healthy, and I seem to have detoxed from chemo ten years ago. Since going off the diet I did have a thrombosis, but my recovery has been good.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

Doing Keto now. It seems the only way I am able to lose weight.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Yes and it is fantastic! I dropped 15 pounds in 7 weeks (hoping for more as I continue to stay on it).

Not only did I lose weight, it melted belly fat like I could not believe! I am rarely hungry and I never crave the food I cannot have on Keto.

I would recommend it to anyone!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

I started the Keto diet in Jan .2019.  I am a diabetic and was struggiling to keep my A1C under 7.0.  Today my A1C has dropped to 5.9 as of my last doctor visit.  I also have dropped about 15 pounds while on the diet.  If you are a diabetic or pre-diebetic, I would strongly reccomend this diet.  I get most of my information from Dr. Berg MD on his youtube channel.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Have you tried the keto diet?

Message 15 of 15

If you've tried the keto diet, what did you think? Did you achieve the results you were hoping for? What were the positives and negatives for you?

Find out about the benefits and risks of the keto diet here.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet