Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Have you ever used a fitness park?

AARP is just beginning to open fitness parks across the U.S., with the first one being in  the St Petersburg/Tampa Bay area: https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2019/aarp-fitness-park.html

Have you ever used a fitness park for your workout? If not, would you?

We donโ€™t have one here, but I would use it.

No. Iโ€™ve never seen one. They sound like they may be like what Curves offers. 

Contributor

Yes, when I was in Bangkok, Thailand they had a huge outdoor fitness park with stationary and motion equipment.  They also had a free weight section.

Beijing also has outdoor fitness parks for all to use.

If a fitness "club" with the same features and goals is the same thing, then yes I have

Contributor

No I have not but I would if I knew where one was close to my house.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I was surprised to find fitness parks in Buenos Aires. There is one near me in Orlando, Florida. They are great and there is one not very far from our condo. I would love to see them in every city throughout our nation.

Contributor

I would love to if one opens near Ashland Virginia. I've been looking for a place to go, but its expensive around this area.

Contributor

Sure, I use one almost every day. They're all over Honolulu but the one I use is at the entrance to Diamond Head park. 

Contributor

Yes, only 2 times.  Wish there was on in our town.

No. I would love to

Contributor

yes
Periodic Contributor

Yes, though I donโ€™t have one near me, I would love to have one near to use as often as possible.

Contributor

Yes I have used fitness parks.  I don't currently live near one but would use it if I did.

Contributor

Please open one in Chico, CA . The seniors out here really need it!

Periodic Contributor

No, but might if one was nearby.

Contributor

No, but I would if one was nearby 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

Iโ€™ve never used or heard of such a facility but would give it a go if it was free!  Let me know when one opens in the Iron Mountain, Mi area.

Bronze Conversationalist

There are some fitness "stations" on a mountain trail where I used to run.  However, being in an organized fitness park sounds like more fun and also safer.  I'd definitely use one if there was ever one built up here in the rural area where I live.  In fact, I might put a "letter to the editor" in our local paper and see if I can spread the idea.

Periodic Contributor

We have a fitness route in our newest park, Canal Landing in Fayetteville, NY. It adjoins the playground and is a fun and easy way to enjoy working out in nature.
Honored Social Butterfly

I have never used a fitness park, simply because I have never seen one much less had access to one.  (I like the idea though.)

However, I have used fitness trails where there are different fitness stations placed at intervals along the way -- like parallel bars, balance beams, chin-up bars, step ups, etc.  You run, walk, jog to each 'quickie workout'.

Contributor

I used several fitness parks during my travels. The city where I live, Royal Oak, MI, doesnโ€™t have one. Weโ€™ve brought the suggestion to the city council but had no action to date. 

I like your description. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP