Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever used a fitness park?

Message 21 of 23
We have a fitness route in our newest park, Canal Landing in Fayetteville, NY. It adjoins the playground and is a fun and easy way to enjoy working out in nature.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever used a fitness park?

Message 22 of 23

I have never used a fitness park, simply because I have never seen one much less had access to one.  (I like the idea though.)

However, I have used fitness trails where there are different fitness stations placed at intervals along the way -- like parallel bars, balance beams, chin-up bars, step ups, etc.  You run, walk, jog to each 'quickie workout'.

Kudos
Views
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Have you ever used a fitness park?

Message 23 of 23

AARP is just beginning to open fitness parks across the U.S., with the first one being in  the St Petersburg/Tampa Bay area: https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2019/aarp-fitness-park.html

Have you ever used a fitness park for your workout? If not, would you?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.