Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led To Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 581 of 639

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 582 of 639

Every day - I am grateful for the very good health that my wife, myself, and all our children (5), and grandchildren (8) enjoy!

And - I'm grateful that this brave new world of online communicating has included in its development such a useful tool as emoticoms.

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 583 of 639

I am grateful for having a difficult childhood, because it caused me to become self-reliant. Or, as Ralph Waldo Emerson said, self-reliance has brought me “consistent access to survival.” Hurrah to that!

I'm also grateful that life hasn't always been a rocky uphill climb. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 584 of 639

wilful wrote:
And I am grateful for folks who thank us for our service.  Epster - you are most welcome!  And - it was my pleasure to serve. It was 4 years well spent.  Smiley Happy

Heart

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 585 of 639

epster wrote:

bw95562019 wrote:

i was stationed at air force base in colorado for a while in the 70's, not nearly long enough as far as i was concerned. it is a beautiful state and i really enjoyed my time there.

Colorado Springs? Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. 

I am grateful for the beauty of the state of Colorado. And beyond grateful for those who serve, or have served, in the armed forces. Thank you, @bw95562019!

And I am grateful for folks who thank us for our service.  Epster - you are most welcome!  And - it was my pleasure to serve. It was 4 years well spent.  Smiley Happy

Message 586 of 639

bw95562019 wrote:

i was stationed at air force base in colorado for a while in the 70's, not nearly long enough as far as i was concerned. it is a beautiful state and i really enjoyed my time there.

Colorado Springs? Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. 

I am grateful for the beauty of the state of Colorado. And beyond grateful for those who serve, or have served, in the armed forces. Thank you, @bw95562019!

Message 587 of 639

I am grateful that cooking skills can be acquired and that our tastebuds have caused our kitchen to emulate many different latitudes and longitudes. 

Clip from original post on this thread:

Gratitude can improve your life, and may even save it! No really. Dartmouth posted this web page on the importance of gratitude: http://www.umassd.edu/counseling/forparents/reccomendedreadings/theimportanceofgratitude/

Message 588 of 639

Super Social Butterfly

Message 589 of 639

dont take life too serious
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 590 of 639

epster wrote:

@wilful We are in the beautiful Colorado Front Range where the fishing is good, the winter sports excellent and the summers over in a flash so yas gots ta gets yer behind moving ifn ya wants to enjoy 'em. Smiley Happy

Know this: here winter can happen any day of the year, but summer, well, we restrict that to a few weeks in July and August. 

One more tidbit: we happen to live at 6,000 ft above sea level, but frequently drive up the hill to 10-12K. Ahhhhhhh, Colorful Colorado! 

We spent a few days in Denver in May.  Leaving, we headed south on the 25 and drove thru the edge of a tornado... Very exciting with black sky(at noon), rain, snow, ferocious hail and wind - which turned over a car that passed us.  Love that weather!  Smiley Happy

Incidentally, Boulder is the home of my favorite fiction writer - Stephen White.