Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 541 of 639

@Epster - Yes, some is Virginia creeper .. but that's a piece of cake, compared to rambling roses, with its thorns! I also have wisteria that's overgrown a large holly tree. Even thought the landscapers cut the "vine" (can you even call it a "vine, if it's > 2" thick & woody?) near the bottom of the tree, that thick woody portion is so wound around branches, I can't pull it out!

I also have ivy, which virtually welds itself to the bark of any tree it climbs!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 542 of 639

epster wrote:

ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful that I have the stamina to keep working on large vines that have been choking my trees! Even in 80 degree weather, I was totally covered head-to-toe, because there's poison ivy on the property, not to mention mosquitoes (thru your clothes even!).

These vines have become something of an obsession, as if I were helping someone clean up a hoarding situation .. show no mercy! Smiley Happy

Go go go go go! (<- standing ovation for your stamina)

Is that Virginia creeper? If so, I empathize. I have some in one of the tead gardens ... tough to control!

OK Epster - you got me!  Even after googling it - it's still not making sense for me...  What on earth is a "tead" garden.   Man Frustrated

Message 543 of 639

ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful that I have the stamina to keep working on large vines that have been choking my trees! Even in 80 degree weather, I was totally covered head-to-toe, because there's poison ivy on the property, not to mention mosquitoes (thru your clothes even!).

These vines have become something of an obsession, as if I were helping someone clean up a hoarding situation .. show no mercy! Smiley Happy

Go go go go go! (<- standing ovation for your stamina)

Is that Virginia creeper? If so, I empathize. I have some in one of the tead gardens ... tough to control!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 544 of 639

15-08-01 - Back Corner Jungle - Cropped.jpg

Message 545 of 639

I am grateful for this day, ripe with possibility for each one of us!

Edit: @tghoff38 the underbelly here: I have about 15 hours of cooking to accomplish (pickled carrots, onion, garlic; baba ghanoush, aubergine balti; a batch each of pinto chili and of black beans) plus regular farm work (you don't wanna know); financial planning to accomplish (again, you don't wanna know); and good golly but if I don't get out on the property with a weed whacker soon I may need an airlift outta here, cuz ain't no 4wd getting up here no how, I dun't get that road cleared ... see? My day is positively ripe with possibility. (Zoom, zoom!Smiley Very Happy)

Hoping your day surprises you with blessings, @tghoff38

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 546 of 639

I am grateful to the US Pro Challenge for gifting the public with a great show, and for local crowd control measures that kept that same public focused and safe.

Edit: @tghoff38 the underbelly here: traffic jams, street closures, trespassers, an inability to get in our usual morning walk on our usual route because of the aforementioned; public drunkeness and this morning's Denver Post story talking about the fact that the Pro Challenge continues to lose money...

I am still grateful. Smiley Happy

Message 547 of 639

I am grateful my spouse values athletic pursuits.

@tghoff38 Eh, you can take this one at face value. DH's physical conditioning is impressive. His support of our tandem athletic pursuits is nothing short of marvelous.

OK, possible underbelly: last night he was talking about getting a slightly slower Catrike recumbent model because he's a stronger rider than me and he doesn't wanna leave me in the dust. Thems fightin words, right there! Smiley Wink

Message 548 of 639

I am grateful to live in a community that turned out in droves to support the USA Pro Challenge bike race.

Message 549 of 639

Message 550 of 639

@Epster - Those photos make it look like you're in the middle of nowhere, but those travel times aren't bad at all!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.