There's always more to discover with your AARP membership. Explore your member benefits today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 31 of 639

Well that makes sense. I hate that fluff from trees. It makes me sneeze and stuffy too. I want to stay indoors when I see it floating around. Good luck to you on homesteading!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 639

alley2 wrote:

How do you think you got the infection from cleaning the greenhouse?

Hi @alley2. I had a teensy smidge of hay fever from rabbitbrush and dust (I live in the west) before I decided to clean up in the greenhouse. (Which was really more changing shadecloth around due to the season change) One 60' long 10% shadecloth that drapes over the support beams under the upper vent acts as a cottonwood fluff catcher during the summer. While rolling that puppy up (being 10' in the air on a ladder: face pretty much right in the shadecloth), I managed to get few snouts full of fluff... and here I am. Smiley Happy 

Homesteading ain't for wimps. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 639

How do you think you got the infection from cleaning the greenhouse?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 639

Grateful for a warm house. Brrr: 14F this AM at 4.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 639

Grateful for a lovely leisurely breakfast.

savory oatmeal.jpgsavory oatmeal for breakfast is the bomb

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 639

Grateful to be breathing unobstructed out of both nostrils today. Wow: with this much oxygen going to my brain I should be unstoppable today.

wall.gif

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 639

Grateful for aspirin and homemade horehound cough syrup. Go away, sinus infection! Bleack. (what I get for cleaning out the greenhouse. Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 639

Grateful to be learning something new every day.

learn from mistakes.png

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 639

kimjeffbill wrote:

Just beyond the houses across the street is a multi-acre 'wilderness park'.  Last week a doe (well grown) casually walked back and forth in my backyard.  She was beautiful.  I have seen spikes in the park, but none in my yard until now.  So very grateful to live where the deer play.  (Haven't yet seen a buffalo)

@kimjeffbill  Are there buffalo near you?  We actually have a few herds, though none are wild, of course. One is genetically pure, and under the tutelage of the local University. They expect (hope) to eventually be shipping out genetically pure bison to other areas. We routinely go visit these herds.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 639

Thank God I'm a country girl!  Smiley Happy

Grateful to be super jiggy wit all things country. Smiley Happy

hay.jpg

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views