Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gratitude as a Health Tool

Message 621 of 641
@Epster wrote:

Is this one of your photos? Cuuuuute!

If you're referring to photos taken with my new camera, it's not. I took that ~ 2009, my first spring living here, when I realized I had a raccoon living in the large tree in front of the house .. and she was very curious about what I was doing!

I've always loved wildlife, like these turkeys who hung around for a while in north Jersey, for a couple of months:

3 Turkeys 2.jpg 

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 622 of 641

Is this one of your photos? Cuuuuute!

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I am grateful that despite man's destruction of wildlife habitat, in the endless desire for development, many animals have adapted to live around & among us! I love the birds & critters around me!

Mommy Raccoon, 2012 - Looking in Office Window - 2.JPG

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 623 of 641

I am grateful that despite man's destruction of wildlife habitat, in the endless desire for development, many animals have adapted to live around & among us! I love the birds & critters around me!

Mommy Raccoon, 2012 - Looking in Office Window - 2.JPG

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 624 of 641

I am grateful for wilderness. Visiting these wild places feeds my soul and calms my spirit. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 625 of 641

Gratefulness can change your moment from sad to happy, and it can improve

the course of your health, too. Therefore, we created this thread as a place to post a message, proclamation, statement, exclamation about gratitude. What makes you grateful? For what are you thankful?

Me?  This morning, I am grateful to be able to fix a breakfast including fresh organic eggs from the henhouse. And toast. Ummmmm, actual toast. Plus coffee with chicory. Yuuuuuum! (Our camp breakfast yesterday was a few chocolate covered espresso beans, cold oatmeal with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and walnuts. That was tasty, and it got us on the road likkety-split, but this morning, I know I'll enjoy those eggs. Which, by the way, contain 50% less fat and cholesterol than store bought, have zero-to-no chance of having been contaminated in shipping and are beyond fresh. Weeee!) 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 626 of 641

Total awesomeness! Congrats! And you look fabulous!

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I am (don't laugh) grateful that American Pharoah won the Haskell Invitational race at Monmouth Park yesterday! He's brought so much interest to the sport, it was nice that his last big race brought him up a notch from Triple Crown winner, to Grand Slam status .. and his owner is a NJ resident.

I was at the track with my women's group on Saturday; annual plans for "Ladies' Day" made months before the racing season, and there was much more excitement than usual. Our group sponsored a race, and yours truly got to hand the trophy to the winning jockey:

Congratulating NJFRW Race Trainer & Jockey.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 627 of 641

I am (don't laugh) grateful that American Pharoah won the Haskell Invitational race at Monmouth Park yesterday! He's brought so much interest to the sport, it was nice that his last big race brought him up a notch from Triple Crown winner, to Grand Slam status .. and his owner is a NJ resident.

I was at the track with my women's group on Saturday; annual plans for "Ladies' Day" made months before the racing season, and there was much more excitement than usual. Our group sponsored a race, and yours truly got to hand the trophy to the winning jockey:

Congratulating NJFRW Race Trainer & Jockey.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 628 of 641

@retiredtraveler wrote:

"...I'm grateful for our national parks, our state parks, our bike trails and the time to enjoy them...".

I'm hijacking the thread to say you have posted you're into hiking and outdoor activities. That's our motivation for maintaining health. You understand (it would appear) what it's like to do a hard hike and find yourself up at 8,000, 10,000, 12,000 or more feet with a view for 50+ miles. It's getting more difficult to do that, but we'll keep at it as long as we can.

I'm grateful for continuing to be able to hike above treeline....

Ah, you would have enjoyed our hike yesterday. 12 miles above 10,000. And at the top? (or at least our turnaround) A bald eagle soaring over a pristine alpine lake with water so blue-green clear you'd think it glass.

And today I am grateful for getting that *&^% tent back in to the bag! (hee, hee), finding a great location for our next wee jaunt, and that the broken sprinkler valve that sent water down our driveway (but not before flooding 1/2 the chicken yard) broke a mere 60 minutes before we returned home, and not, as might have been, 3 days ago. So yay!

Besides all that, I'm grateful for beautiful forests, incredible rock outcrops, the Rocky Mountains in general, and the wisdom of our great nation to set aside lands for recreation and wildlife preservation.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 629 of 641

"...I'm grateful for our national parks, our state parks, our bike trails and the time to enjoy them...".

I'm hijacking the thread to say you have posted you're into hiking and outdoor activities. That's our motivation for maintaining health. You understand (it would appear) what it's like to do a hard hike and find yourself up at 8,000, 10,000, 12,000 or more feet with a view for 50+ miles. It's getting more difficult to do that, but we'll keep at it as long as we can.

I'm grateful for continuing to be able to hike above treeline....

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 630 of 641

I think I'm getting offline now too .. bad thunderstorm!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.