AARP Partners With ‘Politico’ to Educate Voters Leading Up to 2018 Midterm Election. Read More!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Goals! Stop Being Scared. Start Growing Bolder!

Message 1 of 8

roberts258723 wrote:

The Question that I ask myself is that the individuals or Small Groups, that are the explorers who always challenge status quo, But how does society view them. 

Spoiler

I

@roberts258723 Hi Bob! Yes: when reaching for spiritual, emotional or intellectual growth, fear is reason to continue. So it has been in my nearly 60 years anyway. Same goes for taking on or cultivating new skill: fear is reason to continue, not to quit. (When walking down a dark alley, I say listen to your fear)

I'm not sure I'm getting what you are saying in the bit above.

Wishing you all the best,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 8

Being Scared is part of Life.

To keep growing we accept the Fear and do it anyway.

Throughout Life, All of us know of Taboos and we Challenge the Taboo and that helps us and others to Grow.

The Question that I ask myself is that the individuals or Small Groups, that are the explorers who always challenge status quo, But how does society view them. 

Spoiler

I

Message 3 of 8

saucykicker wrote:

@Epster, Great Share! Thanks. I signed up for the newsletter!

@saucykicker  Yay!  I've found their newsletters to be encouraging, uplifting, challenging and informative. All good things as we reinvent ourselves, right? Smiley Happy

Hey, Happy New Year. 

PS I'll respond to your PM later today. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 8

@Epster, Great Share! Thanks. I signed up for the newsletter!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 8

There's a photo of the tundra swans that visit WaldenPonds that I  keep tryingto capture. They do not cooperate and I never have enough time to wait for themto get into position . I'll get it

Message 6 of 8

don't stop.png

My Mahjong fortune this morning. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8

Talk about great goals! These people chose to live and to do it well!  Huzzbah to that!

What are your goals as you age?  To live independently? To climb a mountain? To learn to paint, to write poetry, to sing in public? To adopt a zillion cats? Smiley Happy To visit every state? Tell us, let us be inspired by your goals! 

Goals! Stop Being Scared. Start Growing Bolder!

Message 8 of 8

This from the latest Growing Bolder newsletter, to which you can subscribe here.  (it's free)

creativity.png

What are you passionate about? What would you do if you knew that you'd succeed? It can be scary (really scary!) to go outside your comfort zone, but that's where your Growing Bolder journey starts.

If you need examples of ordinary people living extraordinary lives, all because they weren't afraid to fail, here are just a few that you'll find at GrowingBolder.com:

Harold Garde says he refuses to live in regret for things he can no longer do, and instead, he's embracing what he can do, and that's paint -- every day. And he's only worried about pleasing one person: himself.

Mariam Paré was an aspiring artist when she was paralyzed in a drive-by shooting. She thought her career was over until she learned how to paint with her mouth (which led her to meeting actor Pierce Brosnan!).

Carole Lyles Shaw’s quilts all tell stories. It's her way of honoring her own creative voice, and shining the spotlight on largely unknown African-American heroes who risked their lives to care for others.