Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Former Athlete

Message 1 of 2

@fwarren1 Excellent advice as always.

DH and I reached neo-elite athlete status when we were peak bagging (AKA mountaineering). We're only in our late 50s, so not much time has passed, and we've kept active (save those years of repetitive injury/rehab that I endured... which saw my conditioning take a nose dive) and have thus far skipped the typical aging athlete pitfalls of weight gain leading to high blood pressure and diabetes. We hope to avoid them for life by remaining active. Which is why we changed sports: we can race recumbent trikes for a looooong time to come. And when we are done racing, we can still cycle for fun and exercise. I now weigh what I did before the aforementioned time in physical rehab hades and am fast approaching the neo-elite athlete conditioning I had prior. Patience, hard work and dedication got me here. Please, folks, don't let this happen to you: stay active, eat right and don't overdo it!

All this blather to bring me to the following: use it or lose it, people. Move your groove thing. Treat your body as if you are going to be needing it for years to come (you will). Exercise as if your life depends upon it (it does). And hey: have fun out there!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Former Athlete

Message 2 of 2

fwarren
Report Inappropriate Content