WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Enjoy the Trip

Message 1 of 2

@nyadrn Of course, you can be whatever you choose. Choosing is the very stuff of life. Smiley Happy

Isn't it marvelous that there is something for everyone here at AARP?

For me, enjoying the trip means making sure I have days like yesterday, in which DH and I cycled 70 miles, many of those in racing mode, and visited with/connected with nine other very serious senior athletes/cyclists, all of whom are experiencing life with deep joy through challenging workouts.

We are a tribal species, aren't we? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Enjoy the Trip

Message 2 of 2

I do not want to be a senior athlete, although that is great for those who do.

I want to stay reasonably healthy and enjoy my trip down the highway of life.  I think that would cover a good number of my friends and family as well.

I want to walk and enjoy the walking, whether it is half a mile or a mile or a few blocks of city streets.

I want to travel and be able to go and see the things that I want to see, then come back and sit in the hot tub for a while followed by a nice beverage.

I want to be able to do the things that I want to do.  I am happy with that.  For me, enjoying the trip is much more important than reaching a finish line.

Life is a Highway ......    Smiley Happy

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies