Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Energize Your Day

Listened to interesting podcast that had tips for energizing your life:

1. Upbeat music

2. Be aware of people you surround yourself with: draining "Black Holes" or energizing "Batteries."

3. With info you consume, curate it.  Meaning to be selective with what you take in.

4. Food consumed - healthful diet

5. Make movement ( exercise ) part of your daily life.

6. When all else fails, jump into a cold shower for a few minutes.  That will rev you up!

Do you have tips and tricks that energize your life?

Contributor

4-5 out 6; not bad for starting each day optimistically & feeling great.

Periodic Contributor

walking 3 dogs 1st thing in the morning wakes me up to the beauty of the desert and the mountains. Say my prayers/ morning meditations while trying to be mindful of my surroundings 

Social Butterfly

@PatriciaL205079  If you do a walk in the evening, does that make you a three dog night?😄 Couldn't help myself. 🤓 Seriously, I love your morning routine.

Periodic Contributor

never thought of that since I do also walk them in the evening 😀! Somehow different than when I saw the group in concert many moons ago😏😉

Community Manager
Community Manager

All of these are great tips! I'm especially focused on being aware of the people I surround myself with, particularly energy-sucking vampires.

I like to mix a lot of these things. For example, I listen to upbeat music while I cook. The music combined with the act of preparing nutritional meals makes me feel good.

I've also found that being intentional when it comes to waking up gets me energized and ready for the day. I no longer hit snooze multiple times, and as soon as I wake up I go to the window or turn on a light as I've found light is a huge help in getting my brain and body to wake up. I also don't go on my phone or computer for the first 30-60 mins I'm awake.

Social Butterfly

If I wake up and can get out of bed, that’s a success!

Social Butterfly

@2Papa 😄  Just add dance in a cold shower with energizing friend and music, and see how your day  goes.  😁

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

🤪

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA  Great ideas! Getting natural light first thing in the morning is really good.

Regular Social Butterfly

Hey, there! Hope your Thanksgiving was as fruitful as you deserved!

Here's an idea for podcasts to energize: Lucy TCM Podcasts 

This is one of the most enjoyable I've listened to!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman  Had quiet thanksgiving with hubby. Did you have family and/or friends for thanksgiving?  I'll check out the pod cast. Thx!  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP