Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you use a produce delivery service?

Message 1 of 8
We live in N Y State and it is getting easier to go to the supermarket.
We do during senior hour and the stores are less crowded.
Wife has a short list and in and out in 15 minutes.
We also did a farmers market last weekend. Timing is so important.
David
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8
We live in N Y State and it is getting easier to go to the supermarket.
We do during senior hour and the stores are less crowded.
Wife has a short list and in and out in 15 minutes.
David
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

I don’t use a service like that but would if available here in Houston, Tex. I use Target mainly and it works sometimes but I realize that such is life dealing with humans. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

No.  My wife & I have always bought our produce with the rest of the weekly groceries. During the pandemic, she calls in our grocery order, and I put on my mask and drive to the store and pick up the order from curbside delivery.  Will we continue this after there is a vaccine or other Covid cure ? Probably not-we find that our pantry & refrigerator shelves get just a little emptier every week when we do no "shelf-shopping". Be so glad when there is a well-working vaccine!  IndyMo

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

I use Imperfect Produce, now Imperfect Foods, have been for over a year now.

They do make a few errors (and they have expanded to over 60% of grocery now), but all in all they are a solid bet in my city. If I don't get something on the order, they refund quickly unless I request an order credit to my next box. They also offer organic and non-organic produce. Always my choice. I can cancel a box delivery and move to the next scheduled delivery if I don't need an order or am away.

During the summer I order/buy from my neighborhood famers market so I really don't need produce from Imperfect. Summertime Imperfect orders are farther between. There is no limit to the number of skipped orders you can request. No commitment to purchase.

I will say the grocery items are priced well, as many are over-runs and label mistakes (upside down labels not sellable in retail settings). So, I do order meat items and healthy staples for the pantry.

If anyone is interested in starting up with Imperfect, here's a $10 discount link for your first order:  http://imprfct.us/v/diane_1804 

Diane, the Plant Whisperer
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

no

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Oh, hey, that was a Maryland company!  I didn't realize they've exanded to so many states.  Very cool.  I had signed my mom up for that a few years ago, and she enjoyed it. 

I get South Mountain Creamery delivery.  They are a farm in Maryland that delivers to most of the state.   They started out with dairy, mostly, and have the best eggs ever.  Their kids, I think, started up a similar business for produce and piggy-backed on to their customer base.   We used to be able to pick and choose what produce we wanted, but they've been so overwhelmed with COVID sign-ups, they've discontinued that and now offer a fixed box of salads and soups.  Which are still out of this world delicious.  

Just before COVID, I got veggies, chicken, and milk:

IMG_8980.jpg

Since COVID, I get meal boxes, like these:

IMG_9144.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you use a produce delivery service?

Message 8 of 8

I'm grateful that I get fresh produce delivered right to my door every week from Hungry Harvest. They rescue grade B produce that is deemed too "ugly" for grocery stores. Lately, they've been doing their part to save food that's part of the restaurant supply chain. It's a win-win because the food doesn't go to waste, and it's more economical for me! Do you use a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) or other imperfect produce services? What do you like about it?

Look at this carrot I got the other week!Carrot!.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Coronavirus Testing at Home

Would you feel comfortable administering a test or using one at home?