Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you track your sleep?

Message 11 of 18

I use a Garmin device and find the read out i the morning to be an accurate and helpful approximation!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

I also have a fitbit to track my sleep.  I've noticed the 3 a.m. wakefulness has to do with eating meat.  If I eat meat at my evening meal, I wake around 3.  If I stick to soup and salad I sleep better.  Also sugar in the evening can wake me too early (like 5 a.m.).  Sometimes chamomile or valerian tea helps when I "cheat" but not always.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

Yes I use a sleep tracker and have not found any benefit from it. I have been waking at 2:30am for approximately 30 years now that I am older I urinate more day and night I find most nights I cannot get back to sleep I find reading about help makes me anxious I try prayer and natural relaxing, some nights it works and some nights it doesn't

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

Yes, my wife Marina and I use Garmin Forerunner 35, great watch that also tracks your heart rate, steps and calories burned.

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

I use a Fitbit to track my sleep. I'd be happy to get 7 hours, but that rarely happens. During the day I feel fine, but know that a bit more sleep would be healthy for me. I have noticed that it's easier to control my weight when I get better sleep. So far I have eliminated caffeine after 10 am, rarely drink alcohol and excercise most days. My diet is pretty healthy without a lot of processed food. Falling asleep isn't a problem, it's statying asleep. I'm awake after 5 or 6 hours. Snoring and sleep apnea isn't a problem. I'm at a healthy weight. Any suggestions?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

Yes. I have been using a CPAP since 2011 when I was first diagnosed with sleep apnea. My apnea baseline is 5 "events " per hour. Anything there or lower is acceptable. Lately as of 2 months and counting, my apnea count has spiked on some nights as high as 23. My sleep doctor has already been informed and wants to keep a watch on it. I have an appointment with him at the end of next month. It could be sooner if this keeps spiking. Possible causes could be the pain film strips pain management has me using at 600 mcg twice a day for chronic back pain. Or a combination of my other meds with these pain strips that could be causing the problem. Waiting on my appointment to hopefully find the culprit.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

Yes, I use Withings sleep tracker.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you track your sleep?

Message 18 of 18

Do you use a fitness tracker, sleep app, or some other way of recording your sleep patterns? If so, has that improved the quality of your sleep? Do you have any recommendations for apps to track sleep?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.