Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: Do you think where you live affects your health?

Message 11 of 45

Lived in NJ for 29 years and never had any allergies. Live in NM now. The first 10 years were ok. Now for the past 25 years I have allergies year round. Hoping to move back to east coast (not Florida) in a year or two.

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Re: Do you think where you live affects your health? yes, i do. i have severe arthritis

Message 12 of 45

My osteoarthritis is worse in FL. Dry warm weather is better for me 

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 45
Sounds like u are in El Paso. TX?
Conversationalist

Message 14 of 45

Moved to Florida from Colorado. Non stop allergies here for 2 yrs now. Never had allergies in the 30 yrs I lived in Denver and in the SW. It is too hot & humid to go outside. The ocean has red tide (algae) most times. I gained 10 lbs because I'm less active in FL. In Colorado I was outdoors all the time and much healthier. I am pretty healthy but the allergies here are starting to affect my lungs (chest discomfort) I have never smoked. My nose is stuffy all the time. It rains a lot. Mold grows everywhere. I never had any allergies in my 61 years. This climate does not agree with me and my 2 Yorkies have yeast infection and scaps on their skin. They were also very healthy in Colorado and in west Texas. I told my husband I want to move out of FL 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 45

IMG_2350.JPG

I'm in Maryland and it's not as pretty as many other parts of the US. But I just finished my six mile morning hike looking at this. So I'm happy enough. Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 45

yes in a word...colorado!

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 45

Where do you live? I want to move there!!!! Ocean and dogs and small town life with good neighbors is what I long for.

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 45
Ism, I want to live where you do! Where do you live?

I am in the mountains in New Mexico and am water starved. Can't wait to get back near the Atlantic Ocean where I grew up. Hopefully I can do it in one or two years.
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 45

yes I do - we moved to a desert community in the Southwest -  snakes, intense heat, boring social life  - lots of draining and banal  conversations - I have been sick for three and a half years.

We have our house for sale so we can go back to seasons, trees and the lake in East Tennessee that we loved.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 45

I stayed in Oklahoma for the first six years of my marriage.  By the end of that six years I was in very ill health, from heat, bugs, everything.  I gained weight. I had a couple of heat strokes.  I got so dehydrated they made me take salt pills to be thirsty.  I wanted to go back to Oregon with every beat of my heart.  I finally grabbed my kids, and landed back home with a three year old and a six year old and a hundred dollar bill.  Six months later, I'd lost the weight, was energetic, happy, working and doing well.  My husband finally gave up and came out here, but he started going downhill over the next few years.  He would take vacations home, but he began drinking and died in 2006 of liver cancer.  Marry close to home, and stay where you feel healthy.  I was 27 then, now seventy, might still be a member when I hit 110.  Earlie Masciantonio  I will never leave Oregon again.