Are you a caregiver? Tell us how you plan your getaway with loved ones for a chance to enter a weekly prize drawing.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you think where you live affects your health?

Message 41 of 45

@TemperMental67 Smiley Happy No doubt about it, Colorado has an active culture. Indeed a bunch of us cyclists were talking about it last weekend on the trail, how so many (probably 75%) of the people one sees working out on the rec trail (biking, running, rollerblading, et cetera) are gray haired. We are suspicious, actually, that our generation is more fit than the younger ones, for we see younger athletes so infrequently. The younger people we do see are usually strolling, rather than working out. Then again, perhaps the younger athletes are doing what we all did when we were younger: snowboarding, mountain climbing, skiing. Smiley Happy

Agreed: it is difficult not to be outside here. Not a bad view in the state. <-bias alert Smiley Happy

PS Garden of the Gods: gorgeous! Colorado Springs is a lovely city. Great people.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 45

lol, funny you mention Colorado.  We went to Colorado Springs for vacation last year, and it was so gorgeous!  I can see how it would be easy to be outside and active a lot of the time.  Same with Northern California.

I live in DC.  Well, right outside it.  Depending on the county, there are tons of trails and bike paths, and great places to hike.  It feels much easier to stay healthy here than in Baltimore City.  I lived there for about 10 years.   Not much to do without driving some distance.   Neither compares to Colorado to me.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 45

Colorado has been very good to me. Smiley Happy (That's a yes.)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 45

Absolutely! There's the obvious .. air & water quality, then weather .. how much of the year are you able to be physically active & outdoors, and does bad weather increase your risk of falls or car accidents. Where you live affects the availability of fresh & organic foods. Things like population density & traffic affect our stress levels, and crime rate also affects stress, not to mention actual crime against us. Community/regional atmosphere affect stress, as well as the cost of living.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you think where you live affects your health?

Message 45 of 45

Do you think living in a particular state or area increases your healthy living?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies