From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you tend to sleep through the night without waking?

Message 11 of 18

No, I am a very light sleeper. I have little problem falling asleep but wake up if the wind picks up, rain begins to fall, or any unusual sounds around the house. Getting back to sleep is a challenge so I usually just close my eyes, relax my body, and rest until 5:30 or so. This has been the pattern my entire life so I don’t worry about my sleeping habits. Interestingly my wife is instantly to sleep and can sleep through practically any storm or event. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

About 3 nights out of 7 depending on level of stress.  Since I retired that's up from 0.  I am fortunate that my dog sleeps until 9:30   I get up at 8:00 and if I've had restless night, h gets very annoyed.  So I continue to work on it.  Very hard to avoid stress during these Trump times.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

My mind is usually abuzz, thinking back on the day. I usually say quick prayers and then go into meditative breathing awareness. Is helps drift me off to a date with the sandman. If I awake in the night, I repeat the breathing technique. Sweet dreams, everyone.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

When I was working, I had to be up early as we started at 6 a.m., and I had to sometimes shovel the driveway in winter and scrape the ice off the car windows, so I was used to getting up at 4 a.m. to eat breakfast and do whatever it took. When I retired, I took care of my Dad who had dementia so I worried about him getting up at night,and as a result, still got up early.  Now I can get to sleep right away (depending on what I am doing before bedtime), but my mind races and goes over things I need to do the next day and I wind up waking up several times.  I still get up at 4!  When daylight savings ends, I just thing to myself, another hour of insomnia!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

I infrequently sleep through the night. I even went to a sleep study here at West Virginia University and followed all of the advice and honestly saw no change. The days I sleep the best, and that means staying asleep, are the days I work out the heaviest. Falling asleep is a constant problem. I would love to find the answer.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

I can't remember the last time I slept through the night- multiple bathroom visits! I was diagnosed with over-active bladder and prescribed Oxybutinin. Now I only wake up once and usually get back to sleep without difficulty.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

Yes

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you tend to sleep through the night without waking?

Message 18 of 18

If not, what wakes you up?  Do you find it harder to get a full night's sleep, why?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season