Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take a supplemental vitamin?

Message 21 of 28

I don't take any generic multivitamin, but after being tested extensively over the past couple of years, I take about a dozen specific supplements. Definitely vitamin D/K2, calcium citrate, probiotics & omega 3.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

@retiredtraveler wrote:

"...Last year I started us on cod liver oil...".

Oh man!  Myself and siblings were subjected to this as kids. Mom made us all take a daily dose of the nasty stuff.  Thanks for the memories. Smiley Tongue

LOL! We're doing the weenie baby version: caplets. Much nicer. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

"...Last year I started us on cod liver oil...".

Oh man!  Myself and siblings were subjected to this as kids. Mom made us all take a daily dose of the nasty stuff.  Thanks for the memories. Smiley Tongue

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

I'm in the 'take a multi-vit as a precaution, but don't know if I need it' crowd. I don't take daily --- I've read too many articles about high-potency vits being too much for some people. So, I take one 2-3 times a week. Do I really need it? Don't know, but cheap insurance.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

Centrum silver Men 50+ vitamin. One a-day. It’s gray, like my hair. Didn’t know if I’m getting 100 percent of the daily value of vitamins I need in my diet, so I figured it couldn’t hurt and the Doctor has never said to stop taking it.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

We eat a rather high octane diet, so have never taken vitamins. Last year I started us on cod liver oil, however, because with the time we are devoting to Senior Games (and recumbent triking in general) I have stopped raising our own fish. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

Yes,I take a daily multi- vitamin with Iron,twice/day I take a Vitamin C and Calcium 600mg&D capsule. I've been doing this for years,its part of my daily routine,don't plan on stopping. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you take a supplemental vitamin?

Message 28 of 28

I have never really taken a supplemental vitamin.  Do you take a daily vitamin?  Have you always done so?  Do you think you can get enough daily vitamins from your diet?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies