Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you take a supplemental vitamin?

Message 11 of 28

In 2012 I started using Isagenix products including their supplements and protein shakes, lost weight, feel great, look younger, have lots of energy, and sleep good.

I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 28

I started again last year.  While I think I eat a balanced diet, I wanted to be sure I'm not missing something I need to stay healthy.  I have to admit that I go through periods when I skip them, but usually start again within the week.  Staying healthy is the goal.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 28

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN KIND OF A HEALTH NUT. I NOTICE WHEN I DONT TAKE MY SUPPLEMENTS ON A DAILY BASICS I BEGAN TO FEEL LOUSEY IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. SO, WHAT EVER WORKS FOR YOU, DONT HESITATE, TRY IT AT LEAST ONCE.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 28

@Epster - To be honest, I don't feel like dedicating all of my time to growing, and multiple forms of preparing food. We each have to decide the balance with which we feel comfortable, as far as what we do ourselves, and what we're willing to pay to have done for us.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 28

@ASTRAEA One reason to prepare these items at home is to get a bigger probiotic bang for your calorie. (Fresher is better)

And it's also a super cheap way to keep an ever rotating stock of probiotics on hand. Smiley Happy

Right: good health isn't easy. It is worth it, however.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 28

I always have kimchi & sauerkraut in the house. I mentioned making kimchi to cousins who are Korean, and they said it was a lot of work. Smiley Happy

My FM doctor says it's a good idea to rotate the probiotics you take every few months, to increase the number of strains you have in your body.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 28

@retiredtraveler @ASTRAEA

Another avenue to a probiotic rich diet is to eat fermented foods. I do make my own yogurt, but also typically have a ton of fermented foods on hand, and serve them regularly as a method of getting/keeping probiotics in our system. There are super handy small modern 'crocks' available to help you keep a nice ferment going. One of our favorites is a fermented broccoli slaw using whey from the yogurt process as the fermenting agent, but I have everything from wild mushrooms and garlic seed pods (caper-like, these) to onion and bell pepper slices fermented and in the fridge.

One note of caution: the kitchen in which yogurt is fermenting is not a good place to be making sourdough bread, as the bacterias involved are different and, shall we say, tribal.

Here's a maker of those modern 'crocks' I mentioned: http://www.pickl-it.com

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 28

@ASTRAEA    "......Definitely vitamin D/K2, calcium citrate, probiotics & omega 3.... ...".

What did you find on probiotics? I see so much contradictory info out there. I started eating a container of low-fat/low-sugar Activa every morning. There doesn't seem to be much agreement out there as to how good for you it really is (but that's like a desert for me, so I still like it).

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 28

sunday46 wrote:

Unless your Doctor (s) has told you , watch what you take .  I am on no other

meds., not even for any health issues and I am so thankful.

So, much Health and Good Wishes as we begin good practices in 2017.

@sunday46 Good advice!

Best wishes to you and yours in this coming year and the years ahead. I wish you a speedy recovery from this surgery.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 28

January 12, 2017

Hello Community,

I take the following Supplementary Vitamins: Multi-Vitamins ,C , D, E, most days.

Years ago , my doctor recognized E, later Multi- vitamins, D (mine was  low), and

C ( because it's winter).

Now, when I was in the hospital I was asked if I take Meds. and I stated no.

Then the Neurosurgeon ordered a continuation of the Vitamins each day along 

with the Prescription Meds. 

I am thankful that I am recovering from Laminectomy Surgery . At home I took meds for a few days and I progressed each week. I belive that the Doctors realizes that these Vitamins are contributing to my recovering too.

Unless your Doctor (s) has told you , watch what you take .  I am on no other

meds., not even for any health issues and I am so thankful.

So, much Health and Good Wishes as we begin good practices in 2017.

Kudos
Views