AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Do you skip breakfast?

Message 1 of 4

We try and eat a healthy breakfast everyday even on busy mornings. By healthy I mean the classic breakfast, eggs, fruit, whole grain and very little sugar with the exception of the fruit.

Being retired means we’re not up against the clock every day in having to have to be somewhere every morning so we’ve got time to try those healthy breakfast recipes too, that take a little more effort to prepare. That’s fun to do.

Then if all else fails we’ve got the AARP 15% discount at Denny’s for breakfast, of course only a balanced breakfast.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

@AARPTeri We have like a Vulcan mind meld going on. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

@AARPTeri Smiley Happy I just posted a thread about this yesterday.  There's a recent study saying that breakfast skipping is related to being overweight.

So far, everyone who's answered is a breakfast eater. Here's that thread: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Healthy-Living/Study-Skipping-Breakfast-Feeds-Heart-Disease/m-p/1914356...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you skip breakfast?

Message 4 of 4

I have never been a big breakfast person but have tried to eat something even if small.  Seems to becoming clear it is important not to skip this meal.

AARPTeri