Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you like to cook?

COOK.jpg

Having hobbies that ignite your curiosity and passion helps improve your well-being. One of my favorite hobbies is cooking. Are there other cooks here? If so, what are some of your favorite things to make?

I like cooking because it’s one way I get into flow. Eating nutritious and delicious foods is also how I take care of myself and others. One of my favorite things to make is soup. It’s the perfect no-recipe meal! It allows me to use my foundational cooking knowledge while expressing my creativity.

Did you know that cooking can help activate your recall memory? It requires you to memorize ingredients and the right proportions to achieve your desired flavors.

Looking for more ways to stimulate your recall memory? Play Shopping List, an AARP Staying Sharp game!

Kudos
Views
Replies
Social Butterfly

@TheSuzyQ  Please post recipe.  Chili and corn bread sounds like the perfect meal on a "chilly" night. 😄

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA  I'm a soup lover too!  There are so many good veggie broths out there, and it makes soup easy.  Throw in the traditional carrots, celery and onions, and you're half way there. I've been using quinoa for added protein and fiber.  I put the soup in mason jars ( with plastic lids ) and freeze portions that way.  We often add Greek yogurt for creaminess and protein.

Periodic Contributor

Try adding coconut milk (can, not carton). Really good vegan option.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I also like to add greek yogurt to my soup 😋

I save the ends of onions, carrot tops and celery bottoms. I put them in a bag in the freezer, and when I have enough I make my own broth using an instant pot. Just throw the vegetables in, add water and whatever seasoning you'd like. It makes a delicious veggie broth, and you can also add bones if you have them leftover!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP