Are Communities Becoming More Livable? How Does Your Community Stack Up in AARP's New 2018 Livability Index. Find Out Now!

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a walking buddy?

Message 1 of 13
No! I'd walk more regularly if I could find a walking buddy near me--the Northgate area of Cincinnati, near Pippin/Berthbrook/Greenriver. Anyone interested?
Report Inappropriate Content
Community Manager

Message 2 of 13

@1phatgirl  Have you asked any friends to walk with you?  Do you have social places, church, clubs or other things you are a part of where you can ask others to help you find someone?  Sometimes it is simply asking someone else to join you - maybe once a week to start and can lead up to more?  If not, we can virtually help you!  Post if you walked today and tell us where you went and what you saw.  It is raining here in DC all day but I still walked my dog early this a.m. before heading to work.  I have also walked inside around the office a few times today to keep moving.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 13

My two sisters live in the same community with me and we walk every morning together. We also work out in our gym together so it's more fun!

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 13

No I don’t have a walk buddy I need one desperately to help keep me motivated can you help?

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 13

Yes! We walk every day five and half miles.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 13

Yes, my walking buddy is my husband of 42 years. We still have lots to talk about every day and I am so thankful we have this time together! He has a rare form of muscular dystrophy and we feel blessed that he is able to walk and enjoy the beautiful outdoors with me each morning.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 13

My walking buddy is my granddaughter.

We go to different parks and after she plays, we walk around the park. 

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 13
I have a buddy we get to together about once a week and walk other than that I walk 30 minutes by myself
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 13

Yes I have a buddy. I put my 1 year old grandson, Samuel , in his stroller and we walk in the morning. Soon my 3 year old granddaughter, Taylor, will join us. We sing and talk all the time we are walking❤️

Info Seeker +

Message 10 of 13

I'm determined to meet the 30-min. walk-a-day challenge even though I don't have a walking buddy.  An after-work walk would be ideal; tomorrow I will see if I can encourage a colleague to join me.  Wish me luck!

~ Today is All I Have