Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a walking buddy?

Message 71 of 76
I have a buddy we get to together about once a week and walk other than that I walk 30 minutes by myself
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 76

Yes I have a buddy. I put my 1 year old grandson, Samuel , in his stroller and we walk in the morning. Soon my 3 year old granddaughter, Taylor, will join us. We sing and talk all the time we are walking❤️

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 76

I'm determined to meet the 30-min. walk-a-day challenge even though I don't have a walking buddy.  An after-work walk would be ideal; tomorrow I will see if I can encourage a colleague to join me.  Wish me luck!

~ Today is All I Have
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 76

BIG NEWS!!!  Today we launched the AARP Fit & Fun Health Challenge.

Walk 30 minutes a day, anywhere!  This challenge is from May 3 through June 30th.

Enter the sweeps for a chance to win weekly prizes and a grand prize of a spa getaway for 2!

Enter here:  https://sweeps.aarp.org/enterhealth2018

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 76

Yep. I walk with hubby.

I'll exercise when I'm by myself, but him, not so much.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you have a walking buddy?

Message 76 of 76

Sometimes our best motivators are friends or even our dogs!  Do you have a buddy that helps you get out and move?  I have a friend who texts me at least twice a week to walk for 5 miles - it is great and we love using the time to catch up with each other!  How about you?

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.