Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a walking buddy?

Message 61 of 72

@1phatgirl  Have you asked any friends to walk with you?  Do you have social places, church, clubs or other things you are a part of where you can ask others to help you find someone?  Sometimes it is simply asking someone else to join you - maybe once a week to start and can lead up to more?  If not, we can virtually help you!  Post if you walked today and tell us where you went and what you saw.  It is raining here in DC all day but I still walked my dog early this a.m. before heading to work.  I have also walked inside around the office a few times today to keep moving.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 72

My two sisters live in the same community with me and we walk every morning together. We also work out in our gym together so it's more fun!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 72

No I don’t have a walk buddy I need one desperately to help keep me motivated can you help?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 72

Yes! We walk every day five and half miles.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 72

Yes, my walking buddy is my husband of 42 years. We still have lots to talk about every day and I am so thankful we have this time together! He has a rare form of muscular dystrophy and we feel blessed that he is able to walk and enjoy the beautiful outdoors with me each morning.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 72

My walking buddy is my granddaughter.

We go to different parks and after she plays, we walk around the park. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 72
I have a buddy we get to together about once a week and walk other than that I walk 30 minutes by myself
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 72

Yes I have a buddy. I put my 1 year old grandson, Samuel , in his stroller and we walk in the morning. Soon my 3 year old granddaughter, Taylor, will join us. We sing and talk all the time we are walking❤️

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 72

I'm determined to meet the 30-min. walk-a-day challenge even though I don't have a walking buddy.  An after-work walk would be ideal; tomorrow I will see if I can encourage a colleague to join me.  Wish me luck!

~ Today is All I Have
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 72

BIG NEWS!!!  Today we launched the AARP Fit & Fun Health Challenge.

Walk 30 minutes a day, anywhere!  This challenge is from May 3 through June 30th.

Enter the sweeps for a chance to win weekly prizes and a grand prize of a spa getaway for 2!

Enter here:  https://sweeps.aarp.org/enterhealth2018

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet