Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have a walking buddy?

Message 21 of 68

If you have a neighbor of similar spirit, invite!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 68

Yes, but we are not consistent on our walking. Due to several circumstances, we have not done it consistently. Smiley Sad 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 68

No i don;t but go to the gym joining others on treadmills

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 68

Yes, walking can be painful. Yet I take aspirn after a long walk or before. And also drink water after a walk. You just have to find what is comfortable for you. Someone always listen they just might not reply.Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 68
I walk at least 1 hour a day - I walk solo - people I know do not want to walk that long
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 68

No, but I would like to!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 68

Nope I Live Alone & rarely walk unless its a must I have endured being 100% Disabled for 20 years, I learned long ago to not react to pain since the reaction makes it worse, I honestly wish walking wasnt so painful yet all activities have been beyond endurable for so long I have learned to accept the pain & simply allow it to pass through me, I have been known to say I am pain I'm nolonger in pain I simply am Pain, but life is painful & I will admit waking every day hyperventalating from the pain isn't fun but at least I get 3 to 5 hours sleep a night, I will also say when asleep I can't mentally block reacting to pain ergo the Hyperventalating wakes me, oh well as my Dad often said Life Sucks then you Die, yet I don't know how to die & honestly that is one state of being I dont care to embrace ever LOL
Nice to actually say all that & think some other will read it & possibly it may help them to learn to simply accept the hand you were dealt as I have :-) 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 68

yes, I walk with my 8 yr. old autistic grandson while he crusies along beside me while I walk 5 miles aday. As soon as I park my car he grabs his helmet, gives me a kiss, say I love you Nana, ride bike please. I love it he doesn't talk to everyone but he ALWAYS talks to me.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 68

Yes I have a buddy.   We motivate each to get out and walk and then I set the pace

@AARPTeri wrote:

Sometimes our best motivators are friends or even our dogs!  Do you have a buddy that helps you get out and move?  I have a friend who texts me at least twice a week to walk for 5 miles - it is great and we love using the time to catch up with each other!  How about you?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 68

Sometimes we have just do things on our on. Wish you lived close by. I have had to push my self a little at a time. First it was just getting the mailbox for me. Then it was to the house next door.

You can and will make a choice that will be of great value for you.

Kudos
Views