Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you get a flu shot?

Message 1 of 40

I have got my Flu Shot ever year in Oct. it is just one of those things I do.. This year I got another pneumonia shot for people my age(83).. This is something new and I get a booster in April.. I haven't talked myself into the Shingles shot yet.. I so far haven't had any problem with Flu shots other than a sore arm every now and then.. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 40

Yes, every year.  This isn't a conscientious topic, but I can't remember the last time I had to barf anything.  Over 5 years at least,  So much for delicate subjects.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 40

Never, and I haven't had a fever in over 40 years.  I'm not going to let idiots from the CDC get credit for my natural immunity.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 40

Yes and I plan to continue

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 40

Now, that's frightening-the lady who died fter the shot. Do you suppose she had another health problem ? I have never had a flu shot, don't intend to. Do get pneumonia shots when prescribed.

I grew up a sickly child-colds, earaches, tonsilitis, all winter long it was one thing or another. Now, in my 'old age'  Smiley Very Happy I seem to do better. Possibly my immune system built itself up ?

I like to think so.

Happy New Year, everyone  Heart

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 40

I am 83 and get my flu shot every year.. I have had the flu shot this year for 65+ as well as my Prevnar that needs a booster in April 2020..  No real side effects, guess I am a lucky one, or so I hear..  Can't decide on the Shingles yet, but had a series of the Hep B shots.. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 40
Yes
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 40

Yes. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 40

I got one every year for a long time as i am both diabetic and have a condition that makes me immuno-suppresant. then, for 2 yrs i did NOT get if and i was fine.  last year, i woke up  one morning (jan 2) with extreme body aches, weak, could not eat, barely could walk to bathroom, terrible headache. i got scared thought i had some disease like  ms or something. my husband said i had the flu-- he was right. i was in bed for 2 weeks and lost 10 lbs.  i thouoht the flu included a lot of cold symptoms, as many times the flu is described as a really bad bad cold. i had not had a flu shot BUT that year (2018) i had been to 3 parties,  including new years day. well the previous 2 years i did not go anywhere at all. 

all the years i was getting flu shot, for many my husband never did-- said he did not need it -- he's very healthy and never sick. until a few years back, he had a bad case of the flu and was in bed for over a week.  he works with a lot of peopla and a lot of students who show up to classes sick! 

this year we both got it and will continue to get it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 40

I have been getting my Flu shots for many many years and never had any adverse affects.. One year I got the flu in Jan. which was 3 + months after the shot I got in Oct.. It was a different strain from what the shot covered.. I am 82 now and just got a Pneumovax shot and a Senior Flu shot the first week in Oct.. I guess I am lucky to not have had any problems so far, but you never know, nothing is 100% but GOD..

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors