Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you get a flu shot?

Message 21 of 40

No. At leaste not for me. I also was afflitected with a varand of Gillian Barre Syndrome called Acute motor axonal neuropathy (AMAN). A flu shot was also suggested as a possible cause.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 40

Yes - whole family gets flu shots!  You bet!!  Reason - back in 2000 my best friend Mike (no flu shot) died of the flu.  Reason enough.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 40

Yes, I got my flu shot as I do every year.  I feel for me it is necessary as I am a cancer survivor and it is highly recommended by all of my Doctors. I have not ever had a side effect from the shot.  At the injection site my arm is sore for a day but I highly recommend getting it if you work with the public, work in a hospital and have young children.  The last thing you want is to get the Flu and let it go into pneumonia  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 40

Yes, I get one every year. I have not gotten the flu since they began offering them. My late husband never believed in flu shots and never got one. That is until he got the flu and was so sick he could barely move. After that, I think he was the first person in Iowa to get a flu shot each year. He never had the flu again.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 40

Yes, every year.. because I work in an office with 2 other women and in an old building.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 40

Yes I get  a flu shot every year.  I've had Crohn's Disease since childhood and got the flu when I was a young teen.  Then got a relapse which was worse than the original.  Got pneumonia last year for the first time in my life even though I've had the pneumonia vaccine, so I'm not convinced that the flu shot will do much for me.  However, better to try than die!

My older son, a paramedic for 37 years and who is exposed to everything you can imagine, never gets the flu shot and has never been sick.  They say it's in the genes, but we wear the same brand!!                      

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 40

Yes, every year.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 40

Yes

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 40

I have suffered the flu many times, long before there was a vaccine.  The first time I was 10 years old!  I was knocked out for weeks and had a slow recovery.  So , yes, I go for a flu shot every year and highly recommend it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 40

Yes. Working with immunocompromised people, the flu shot isn't just about me, it is also about protecting others.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors