Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you get a flu shot?

Message 31 of 35

Yes! I was diagnosed with diabetes over 25 years ago, so I try to protect myself. Also the pneumonia vaccine. About 7 years ago I got the shingles vaccine and about 3 years after that I got the shingles—but not as bad! Last year I got the shingrix shingles vaccine.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 35

Yes, last year we both got the flu and were sick for almost 3 weeks. We both got ours last week plus the shingles

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 35

Nope

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 35

My wife and I got ours last week at a pharmacy.

I've gotten one each year for years based on my doctors advising it (hey, I'm easy). My wife resisted for years until she realized that she was getting a bad flu every year whilst I went scot-free.

Let me edit this to add that I have horrible sinuses, lots of polyps (I attribute these to growing up in a smoking household) and allergies. So I really try to steer clear of colds and flu. I regularly use a neti pot with solution to clean out my sinuses in the winter and during allergy seasons. Try it!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you get a flu shot?

Message 35 of 35

Do you get a flu shot every year? Why or why not?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors