Refresh your driving skills and you could save on auto insurance! Take the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dieting when you have a slow thyroid

Message 1 of 2

@Soosie  Applause to you!

Though I don't have a slow thyroid, I did lose considerable weight over the past 2 years, so know how much work --and salad!-- goes into losing weight. I also know the mixed feelings of having a closet of clothing that is too big for your now smaller frame.

And I know how much work * goes into maintaining that weight loss. So here's to anyone who has lost weight and has kept it off!

*Last night I served lettuce wrap tacos (plenty of yogurt-based sauce, but no cheese). A minute ago I had a snack: 1/2 a cup of raw caulifower florets and 2 TBSP of mustard. And we walked 5 miles at nearly 4 mph this morning. Onward! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dieting when you have a slow thyroid

Message 2 of 2

After I was put on meds for my thyroid problem, I thought the weight I had gained would come off.  Wrong!!  It was like a family member that overstayed their welcome.

I finally got serious about losing the weight because my doctor told me I could avoid some serious health problems by doing so.

I have had to eat a lot of salads with no dressing, but I finally am seeing results.  This weight does not leave in any hurry, but I am seeing better results now.  And, I have started to enjoy the no dressing salads.  My big girl clothes are getting loose.  I have great clothes, so I hate to discard them, but it will be fun to shop for smaller sizes.  I feel better so it is worth the effort.  

Soosie

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies