Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Diabetes Type 2 Treatment?

I'm a new comer to this site. I joined since i have a very good friend who is experiencing Diabetes Type 2. He is having a very difficult time dealing with it. Like a friend, i feel helpless and would like to help him. If you have any suggestions about what you think would be appreciated included in being supportive, please tell me??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Recognized Social Butterfly

I did quite a bit of research on diabetes when I noticed my fasting blood sugar was over 100 four years ago.  Cutting back on carbohydrates  with or without medication is probably the simplest and easiest plan.  You or your friend may want to read the book Bloodsugar 101 by Jenny Ruhl.  She also has a good website.

View solution in original post

Designing a Cinderella Solution Review to produce muscle isn't arduous just in case you've got Cinderella Solution into the matter. The factor is, most of the folks don't have any plan of what those things square measure. so nowadays we are going to regarding|mention|cite|point out|refer|name|remark|quote|observe|bring up|point out|say|state} the thanks to build an excellent weight gain set up that may have you ever increasing about 2 lbs in one week or maybe additional.

Whenever two lbs per week does not sound sort of a stack to you, take into account this: Your body will solely naturally turn out 2 pounds of muscle mass hebdomadally while not the requirement for anabolic steroids. And if you are attaining quite 2 lbs per week, it's seemingly that almost all of that bodyweight is body fat.

https://cbtopreviews.com/the-cinderella-solution-review

<p>Designing a <a href="https://cbtopreviews.com/the-cinderella-solution-review">Cinderella Solution Review</a> to produce muscle isn't arduous just in case you've got Cinderella Solution into the matter. The factor is, most of the folks don't have any plan of what those things square measure. so nowadays we are going to regarding|mention|cite|point out|refer|name|remark|quote|observe|bring up|point out|say|state} the thanks to build an excellent weight gain set up that may have you ever increasing about 2 lbs in one week or maybe additional.</p><p>Whenever two lbs per week does not sound sort of a stack to you, take into account this: Your body will solely naturally turn out 2 pounds of muscle mass hebdomadally while not the requirement for anabolic steroids. And if you are attaining quite 2 lbs per week, it's seemingly that almost all of that bodyweight is body fat.</p><p>https://cbtopreviews.com/the-cinderella-solution-review</p>

Conversationalist

Tell your friend to get this book- The PH Miracle by Robert O. Young and Shelley Young- it's an eye opener.  

Its all about changing, go to the Mirror and look at yourself and say what will happen in 10 years? still taking 10 pills a day or making food that your body and you will LOVE!  Yes, you CaN Eradicate Diabetes, it's been proven!

Its all about getting rid of fats, salt, and sugar.  

Diabetes is a life changer- it means reading labels, yes, labels on everything you buy, boxes, cans, bottles, pkgs, etc.

You can only have 10 mgs on a box or can or pkg.

You will be shocked that sugar is in practically everything, why? To make you buy more, taste good, right?! Wrong! 

Fats- Meat, Chicken, Fish it's loaded and probably you eat it 3X a day which is a big NO! NO!  

That means, once all the fats, sugar and salt is eliminated or slowly subsiding your body starts repairing by eating fresher food from the ground, organic is better, vegetables, don't like it?  Try one, in a recipe, in another recipe, in another recipe and somewhere you will love it!  keep trying till you can get an assortment of different colors, greens,yellows, reds, purple, yes, there are purple.  

Remember Fresh is Best!

what about good protein?  Avocado, beans, lentils ( what are those?  They make the best stew or soups, no -don't buy canned, make it yourself, less salt).

Tofu has NO taste so YOU must dress it up, make it come alive in your recipe. 

This book has great smoothies as well, and meal planning too, so start YOUR NEW LIFE!

When I was given the news about a year and a half ago, it was a sobering moment (A1C of 7.4) .  My Doctor apologized for not having any additional resources to help me with mapping out a course of action. With all of the cuts in Healthcare their network no longer had a Dietician or any other consultant specializing in preventative actions.  Basically I was told to change my Diet, lose weight and Exercise. No other guidance?  The first action I took was to cut out all sugar and switch over to whole grains whenever I are breads and/or pastas.  I lost 10 pounds in around 40 days.  I went out and got a tracker unit that showed my steps, sleep and other data.  I upped my walking to around an average of 5 miles a day.  After the initial weight loss I hit a plateau for 3 months.  I was very frustrated.  My wife showed me a segment from Dr. Oz on fasting and I took it to heart.  I'm 5'10" and initially weighed 239lbs.  I am now at around 205 and my last A1C was 6.1.  Fasting is not at all what I had envisioned.  There have been times when my wife asks me in disbelief as to am I fasting or not due to the amount of food I am able to consume.  I fast 2 days each week and consume around 600 calories each of those days.  

Periodic Contributor

I was diagnosed a year ago and by merely changing my sugar, carb intake; eating more veggies, and no dairy, I went from readings of 270-340 to 129-139. I am not saying it was easy to give up ice cream, cake, and cereals but the end result is preventing me from taking insulin...I am diet controlling and walking more.
Peace and Blessings
Silver Conversationalist

What makes up those 600 calories on a fast?
PJ

I was just diagnosed 5 years ago. The first thing I cut out was sugared soda pop. I lost 20 pounds in the first couple months, AND got my A1C under a 7.
Periodic Contributor

Your friend needs to be encourage to work with his Doctor, a doctor especially for diabetes.  They need to make sure the doctor is working with them, they can have your friend go to a workshop with a diabetics expertert to learn to live a good life with diabetes.  

I had a bad docotor and my glucose levels were very high, AIC at around 10.  I found a great doctor and now AIC is under 7 for over a year and I feel better.  You support your friend by encouraging him to work with the experts on diabetes.  Another thing is to walk every day for at least 21 minutes, get a fit bit or something like that so you can what you have done or not done.  

Good luck

I am new to this site also IN FACT...THIS IS MY FIRST COMMENT...BUT IM NOT NEW TO DIABETIES 2 !BUT I TAKE THE PILLS SO FAR AFTER 6 YEARS. . VERY BLESSED!

Does ur friend take pills or insulin?
Periodic Contributor

I have been dealing with diabetics for about 10 years, It was difficult at first, especially finding a good doctor!!,   I have been able to keep my A1C under 7.0 for over a year now.

The biggest difficulty is finding a pharmacy that works with me, I am retired and on Medicare, plus have a supplemental Insurance.  It seem like the pharmacies do not like Medicare.  I have tried Costco, Haggen, Rite Aid and live in the Northwest near Seattle.  The biggest problems seems to be getting the pharmacies to tell which Glucose meter and testing strips they will sell under the Medicare plan.  I have only been on Medicare for about 10 months so it may just I am not very knowlegable about it.

Any suggestions?

Ron

Trusted Contributor

Anyone who has a problem with itching feet at night, try this: As soon as the itching starts, just soak your feet in ICE water for several minutes. The itching will be gone, and you can get to sleep. Scratching will cause sores to open and create an entry point for infection. The next step could end up being amputation of toes or even a whole foot.
Periodic Contributor

I had a home physical checkup as part of my Medicare supplement plan a few years ago.  The PA noted my A1C (marginal at 6.0) and suggested that I use a cinnamon supplement, because he's seen some good results from some people that used the regimen.  I have been using 1000mg cinnamon pill 2x per day (morning, night) have had noticed a reduction in my A1C.  Obviously, won't work for every one, but it did some good for me.  Always good to check with your doctor before starting a new supplement regimen. 

Contributor

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 40 years ago (I was 27). I've been hospitalized a couple of times since that time for elevated blood glucose. Otherwise I have not been bothered by it. I was also a Doctor who treated patients with Diabetes. My suggestions: Diet-high in vegetable, high levels of protein (meat, beans, brown rice) limit "white foods" (white rice, potatoes, spaghetti/noodles, white bread, etc) and take 2 tb. of coconut oil a day. Keep the weight down as this very important for controlling Type 2, and it is okay to take Metformin. Metformin can increase life span, with both Diabetics and non-diabetics per Life Extension research-as well as controlling blood glucose it can also control the development of neuropathy. I hope this was helpful.

Contributor

There is mounting evidence that at Ketogenic diet can give great relief to Diabetes patients. Watch this short video of Dr. Peter Atilla about his response to an obese diabetic woman in the ER, and then give a good listen to Dr. Dom D'agostino being interviewed by Tim Ferriss. Tons of info and some good references for further info. My personal experience (family history of diabetes, cancer, heart disease) with the ketogenic diet the last 3 months, lost 20 lb. with no effort, more alert and feel healthier than in years (64 y.o.)...

Dr. Atilla's TED Talk "What if We're Wrong About Diabetes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMhLBPPtlrY

Dom D'agostino "Fasting, Ketosis and the End of Cancer" interview by Tim Ferriss (Author of 4 Hour Body)

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2015/11/03/dominic-dagostino/

Ketogenic Diet Resource (Diabetes 2 book)

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com

Yes, lots of good information out there.  I personally find ketogenic hard to follow.  I use coconut oil to provide ketones before exercise.   I make fat bombs and tell myself that I must exercise after eating one of those, no other option!  

I did quite a bit of research on diabetes when I noticed my fasting blood sugar was over 100 four years ago.  Cutting back on carbohydrates  with or without medication is probably the simplest and easiest plan.  You or your friend may want to read the book Bloodsugar 101 by Jenny Ruhl.  She also has a good website.

Honored Social Butterfly

Be sure he/she changes their diet. Do not eat pie or sweet rolls when you are around him.
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Regular Contributor

Pies, sweetrolls and other sugar containing food do not have to be eliminated entirely.  They can be eaten in limited quantities.  The rule is portion control.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP