WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you a night owl?

Message 21 of 28

I'm 74 and retired at 72 after working since college.  In my last job of 36 years I went to bed around 11 and got up at 5:00 to be at work by 7.  Now that I'm retired, I go to bed between 11:30 and midnight and get up around 8:30 even though I'm often awake before then.  It is so nice not to have to get up!   My little bit of heaven!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

I am a early bird. I am 62 and still work full time. I have been at my job for nearly 42 years. I get up at 5:00 a.m. monday through friday. I work 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. On the weekends I want to sleep in but sleeping in for me is still up by 7Smiley Surprisedo or 8:00. When ever I do decide to retire this routine will be hard to break. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

I've been a night owl my whole life.  As a kid, during the summer, I would stay up until 2 am reading. When I started working in the school system, I had to be up very early. Every night I planned to go to bed early, but it never happened. I would have trouble staying awake at traffic lights. On weekends, I would stay up late. Now that I'm retired, I go to bed between 2 and 3 am, and I usually get up by 10. Bliss!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

Old habits are hard to break!   My job required me to be there at 6 a.m. (sometimes 5 when we worked overtime) so of course, I had to get up early!  I always ate breakfast, something I learned to do when I was in high school because it made me much sharper. Winter meant shoveling out the driveway and scraping off the ice from the windshield!   When I retired, i found I could never stay in bed for any great length of time.  I still get up at 4 a.m.  Since I live in an apartment complex, I take a walk around the complex  (inside) because the halls are long and also take the stairs. It helps me get any kinks out!  I am usually bright eyed and bushy tailed too!  I don't really start to fade out until about 9:00 and then I usually get my kindle to read before I go to sleep.  I can get to sleep right away but find myself waking up several times after midnight. Oh well, as long as I feel good!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

The older I get, the more of an early bird I become. I increasingly enjoy the early morning quiet and leisurely way to start the day.  And because I am up early, I find myself getting very tired earlier at night and am usually going to bed by 10 p.m. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

The older I get, the more of an early bird I become. I just seem to really enjoy the early morning quiet and leisurely way to start the day.  And because I am up early, I find myself getting very tired earlier at night and am usually going to bed by 10 p.m. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

Yes, I am a night owl and have been since college years. I find that I get more accomplished at night when its quiet. 

I usually go to sleep between 1:00-2:30 am and sleep until

9:30-10:00.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Are you a night owl?

Message 28 of 28

How late do you usually go to bed?  It's interesting to see how different we all are.  Great article about a night owl here - https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2019/night-owl-sleep-patterns.htmlhttps://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2019/night-owl-sleep-patterns.html?intcmp=OC-HLTH-12...

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies