Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

AGING IS FRIGHTENING

Every day I am reminded that my body is aging.  Wake up with pain and wonder what happened to my old self.  My attitude is one that finds it difficult to accept the fact that I can't do things that came so naturally when I was young.  It takes a lot of strength and everything seems much more difficult to accomplish.  The outlook is dismal and I spend hours thinking about my condition in the future and wonder how much longer I will be suffering.  Not the retirement scenario I imagined.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Every day I am reminded that my body is aging.  Wake up with pain and wonder what happened to my old self.  My attitude is one that finds it difficult to accept the fact that I can't do things that came so naturally when I was young.  It takes a lot of strength and everything seems much more difficult to accomplish.  The outlook is dismal and I spend hours thinking about my condition in the future and wonder how much longer I will be suffering.  Not the retirement scenario I imagined.

Apparently many people become numb in old age because there is a glut of scientific studies that say old age is when people are happiest.  My reaction to these studies is "WTF?"

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Aruzinsky,

Thank you for making me smile. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP