From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 321 of 437

I would love to have a Fitbit, but I cannot afford to buy one.  This would be a lovely gift to motivate me to be more active in  my 84th year. Eliza

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 322 of 437

Would realy like to win fitbit to keep me in shape.  Walking is the only exercise I can do.  So I would like to set goals to walk daily and keep in shape.I use to walk 5 miles a day when I worked.  But now I am retired and need the motivation to keep me in shape for a brighter future,Smiley Happy

Thanks, Janet

BeHealthyStayHealtyimage.jpgLooking for ways to stay healthy and fit in the years to come? The editors of AARP The Magazine have created a new digital-only magazine just for you. AARP The Magazine’s special Health & Wellness digital issue is packed with tips, tricks, and images to help you live your best life.  To enter, simply share with us what you would tell your younger self on how to stay healthy through the years. Three (3) lucky winners will win a brand new Fitbit Charge 2!

How to download the Health & Wellness special digital issue:

It’s easy to download the digital magazine to your tablet. Click here (or copy and paste this url:

http://www.aarp.org/emag/health/ to download the AARP Publications app, then go to ‘Special Editions’ to download the Health & Wellness special digital issue.

Be sure to tell us what you think about the new digital magazine by completing our short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AARPHealth 

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1. Sign in or register on AARP.org

2. Post to the “AARP The Magazine’s Be Healthy Stay Healthy” discussion board.

That’s it. You’ve entered the sweepstakes.

Sweepstakes ends June 15, 2017. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Thanks

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 323 of 437

I need something to motivate me to get started, I really think this Fitbit would help!💕

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 324 of 437

I am 67 years old, with mild COPD,shortness of breath and post shingles nerve pain. In the last six months I have gained 35 lbs. due to a lack of movement.( spend most of my time in front of a computer screen) My pulmonary doctor  says that I need to get moving again and lose weight so using the Fitbit would help keep me motivated.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 325 of 437

I'm 54 years old I have a condition called Spondylolisthesis. I've had 2 back surgeries and been on disability for a while.  Now I found out that the screws in my spine are loosening. A fitbit would definitely give the motivation to get myself up and moving around. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 326 of 437

I am a registered nurse working in a clinic that serves college-aged people.  It is a concern for that many are so out of shape and overweight.  I have struggled with my weight all my life and like to think I am in pretty fair shape.  I try to impart words of wisdom to these young people about maintaining a healthy BMI, weight, blood pressure etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 327 of 437

I think I qualify as an old lady (78) but I still hike and attend fitness classes 4 or 5 days a week unless hiking.  It would encourage me to work vigorously to have a fitbit.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 328 of 437

I am 53 yrs old and currently work as a Security Officer for a mental health facility, the overnite tour. I must keep myself in shape to deal with day to day stress. I walk a good portion of an 214 acre hospital property. I lift weights and try to eat right. A fitbit would help me to maintain a healthy life style. Sincerelt Carol LaBella

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 329 of 437

I have been doing ALL I can to improve and maintain my health as I age. I currently walk, do yoga, and lift weights.  Am on track with weight and blood pressure.  Could use some help in managing sleep better!  A FITBIT would be an amazing addition to my health quest!  THANK YOU AARP!!

Vickyf
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 330 of 437

I AM LOOKING TO START WALKING. THIS WOULD DEF. HELP

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season