Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 351 of 437

I'd tell me to ask myself if I really think I need all this junk food.  I'd show my younger me what it looks and feels like having diabetes.  If only I had learned to control my weight and learned what I was risking.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 352 of 437

I would tell my younger self to love yourself more, find your inner heart and treat it as something special, worthy of more pampering.  Don't destroy it with unhealthy foods, sugary drinks and snacks, and fat, empty calories.  Feel good and love those fruits and vegetables.  Begin to work some magic with others by campaigning for healthier diets for everyone.  Help  spread the word about the dangers of industrialized food production; only if we work together can we change anything.  And above all, keep moving...you'll be glad you did; don't wait to wish you had.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 353 of 437

Recently learned that my extra weight may be the cause of my kidneys not functioning as they should. A Fitbit will help me in my weight loss goals and, in the long run, contribute to improved health.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 354 of 437

I would love to win a FitBit! It would assist me in my exercise routine AND since I don't have a watch, it would be a win win for me. I would like to know how many steps I take each day. I have also heard that the FitBit is a great lifesaver if you should have a medical emergency.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 355 of 437

I just turned 60 this year and am trying to get healthy. This would help me to connect with friends that could encourage me.  Would be an awesome addition to have in my quest to a healthier lifestyle . 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
TWC
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 356 of 437

Looks interesting. How often?  Would really enjoy a FitBit thanks for the Sweepstakes

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 357 of 437

It would be nice to have a Fitbit as I do my daily 3mile walk. I look into them but they are to much for my budget. Thanks for the opportunity

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 358 of 437

This would be lovely. Then my mum and I can work on it together. With Similar health issues we need the motivation 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 359 of 437

I've tried other fitness trackers and have been quite underwhelmed. The Fitbit has a good reputation, although it seems quite expensive, so I'd like to have an opportunity to use it. Free sounds just right to me

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 360 of 437

I am enjoying AARP United Health Care "At Your Best" program since January. Attend twice a week and exercise in between at the fitness center.  Would love a FIT to keep track of my progress.

Kudos
Views