Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP The Magazine's Be Healthy, Stay Healthy Sweepstakes

Message 361 of 437

I could realy use the fitbit. Being morbidly obese and having some disability issues is causing great stress on my body and I've decided to do something about it. Having the fitbit would help me keep track of my progress and hopefully give me inspiration to keep going.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 362 of 437

I Finally am ready to take control of my life. Would love the Fitbit to enhance my exercising after joining the YMCA for the senior fitness, and weight watchers to lose weight!!  Good luck everyone!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 363 of 437

Wow! After reading so many messages from your community, I realized that we could ALL use a Fitbit to monitor our use of daily motion.  Since we're all young seniors (I like to think) making sure that we move daily, if only in a limited way, is something that we need to consciously strive for our overall health benefits. I, myself, am 61 years young. I am disabled but try to exercise as much as I can to balance out the amount of time I sit every day. I have Degenerative Disc Disease and severe osteoarthritis which is breaking down my spine and joints. I have been advised that using them to strengthen them is always the mindset that we need to have. Although it is very uncomfortable at times, I would much prefer a little pain other than another surgery. I've had three and really do not want a fourth! A Fitbit would be such a motivational devise to actually show you how much exercise that you did for the day, and I think that I would only want to better that amount a little every day. So it would be extremely beneficial to own one. On that I think everyone would agree. Thank you for the chance of winning one! AARP always has the right motivation and information that we all desire. Thanks again!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 364 of 437
It would open up another reason to excercise in my life and something to focus on.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 365 of 437

One of these fitbit devices would certainly add years to my life because I am a couch potato.  I love to read and sleep.  The fitbit would give me motivation to keep moving.  ILt might also give me a reason to be more social if I am out and about.Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 366 of 437

Most of my life has been centered around sports and doing activities. I've been very fortunate to live in areas where those activities can be realized. I recently moved to a new area and the active life style has allowed me to seamlessly integrate into my new community. At 71 got an internship as a walk-on Basketball Coach at a local high school. I can now pass-on to those young people the concept of having a 'Healthy body and Healthy mind' that works you! It works for me!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 367 of 437

in july 2016 a blood clot traveled to my lungs(DVT/PE) . this caused alot of issues with my heart and lungs. i am on oxygen 24/7 . besides going to the many doctors ,the only other exercise is i walk up and down the steps for 10 minutes(set the kitchen timer), 3x's a day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 368 of 437

I had a stroke in 2012. I getting my carotid artery cleaned out and a piece of plaque broke off and went to my brain. I would love to win a Fitbit!! I need to move more and keep track of it!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 369 of 437

God bless you.  I hope all's well with you.  I, too, was treated for breast cancer last year.  At the time, I was working out several times a day.  After taking some time off to recup, I started working out slowly, i.e. using lighter weights (I'm glad I didn't get rid of them!), riding my bike, etc.  Just be careful with your eating habits.  Because I couldn't work out at my normal pace, my blood sugar went up considerably.

Best of luck with everything!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 370 of 437

FITBIT is an inspiring watch **bleep** health monitoring body attachment. I am 73 years old and with this nearly 2 years.

Daily activities including sleep, are recorded and give status of real time health condition.This helps to keep fit. Cool and simple gadget. 

Best part is receiving an email on weekly summary of activities, with badges if applicable, for achieving certain goalsSmiley Happy

Kudos
Views